Forums > MaxMSP

keep maximum~

November 19, 2010 | 5:42 pm

Hi all,
I got two question that might be easy for some of you, but it’s been giving me a headache, and I couldn’t find a thread on it in the forum.

How can I have a patch, that keeps the maximum of an audio signal stream (not like maximum~ comparing 2 values). I kind of managed to do that – but then I had trouble being able to reset the maximum value to 0 again.

Thank you!!!!
Frank

November 19, 2010 | 6:47 pm

Something like this, perhaps?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 19, 2010 | 6:51 pm

Hi Christopher,
yes, basically like this, but in the audio domain, if possible.
Thanks a lot though!
Best
Frank

November 20, 2010 | 4:42 pm

Do you really require updating on every single sample? If so, my first question would be "Why?" But if you do, that would mean that every output sample y would depend on the previous output sample y-1, which implies that you’d either need a signal vector size of 1 (inefficient) or that the process would have to take place within a single msp~ object (written in C or Java). However, if you don’t really require an update every sample, set the time interval of peakamp~ to the update time you do need, then send the output to a sig~ object (or smooth it with a line~ object, or curve~, or rampsmooth~) to get it back into the MSP audio signal world.

November 20, 2010 | 5:04 pm

Isn’t minmax~ what you are looking for ?

November 20, 2010 | 5:10 pm

Hi Roald,
that was exactly what I was looking for!!
Thanks!
Frank

November 20, 2010 | 5:28 pm

Voilà. J’avais oublié celui-là. :) -C

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)