Keyboard shortcuts suggestion – Max 5?

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:49pm

Sep 9, 2007 at 9:21pm

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:32pm

Quote: echolock@gmail.com wrote on Sun, 09 September 2007 09:20
—————————————————-
> Clear (Command -)
—————————————————-

Cmd-Backspace (also w/out the Cmd modifier) is widely used for Clear (and Delete) commands.

Cmd-Plus and Cmd-Minus are commonly used for increasing & decreasing font size.

It is generally a Good Idea to stick to common conventions when possible.

Cmd-Shift-Z is common for Redo (and preferable, IMO, to Microsoft’s choice of Cmd-Y). That implies a multi-level Undo functionality, something that many of us are hoping for.

At this stage I don’t know if suggestions from the Peanut Gallery are helpful for Those In Charge of Making Max 5 Happen. But I assume that when these sorts of posts start to become really annoying, a Sticky will be posted stating as much.

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:03pm

Peter, good point regarding Command -. I would be fine with Command-Delete also.

Hopefully these (IMO simple suggestions not including multiple-undos)
will be included in Max 5, or they really could just be included in
the next minor update.

On 9/10/07, Peter Castine

wrote:
>
> Quote: echolock@gmail.com wrote on Sun, 09 September 2007 09:20
> —————————————————-
> > Clear (Command -)
> —————————————————-
>
> Cmd-Backspace (also w/out the Cmd modifier) is widely used for Clear (and Delete) commands.
>
> Cmd-Plus and Cmd-Minus are commonly used for increasing & decreasing font size.
>
> It is generally a Good Idea to stick to common conventions when possible.
>
> Cmd-Shift-Z is common for Redo (and preferable, IMO, to Microsoft’s choice of Cmd-Y). That implies a multi-level Undo functionality, something that many of us are hoping for.
>
> At this stage I don’t know if suggestions from the Peanut Gallery are helpful for Those In Charge of Making Max 5 Happen. But I assume that when these sorts of posts start to become really annoying, a Sticky will be posted stating as much.
> –
> ————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
> Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
>
> iCE: Sequencing, Recording & Interface Building for Max/MSP Extremely cool http://www.dspaudio.com/
>
>

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:41am

Check the archives for using javascript to control the window.scrollto command. This is great for big patches — one could have a navigation window floating on top easily. Not sure how to do the spacebar-hand idea though… other key shortcuts could be implemented to scroll through large patches.

Actually, how about a mousestate that tracks delta movements while the spacebar is down, and sends those values to the window.scrollto? That would work fine….. Maybe I’ll put up a sample patch, that’s pretty interesting to consider.

Really wish there was a couple levels of zoom built in, but I imagine that would be way too complicated… anyone want to tackle the math for that?? good luck!

sheesh, you’d have to replace all the objects with the right proportionally-scaled ones… make sure they’re in the right places… etc… etc… holy cow, never mind.

–CJ

Sep 13, 2007 at 7:07am

Seejay James schrieb:
> Other key shortcuts could be implemented to scroll through large
> patches.

Better than creating large patches is encapsulation, I would not want to
waste a shortcut for that. I hate patches which are bigger than my 12″
screen… ;-)
In OS X a shortcut exists already, at least for Mac laptops. But its a
gesture, move with two fingers and it scrolls…

> Really wish there was a couple levels of zoom built in, but I imagine
> that would be way too complicated… anyone want to tackle the math
> for that?? good luck!

Wait for Windows Puppy, the next generation Windows, they copy
everything from Apple anyway…
There zooming is standard on OS(X) level, no math required as all is
implemented already in Open GL, there was an example some days ago…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.