Forums > MaxMSP

kinect for tracking movement on grid

December 6, 2012 | 5:22 am

I’m working on a project where I am using a kinect to track motion that will activate different sounds depending on where the motion is detected (it will be monitoring movement from above). I’m new to working with the kinect and am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of where to find information relating to processing and collecting data from it to then use for activating the audio patches. Is there a direct way to plot points and track the motion in different quadrants? Any input would be really helpful.
Thanks!

December 6, 2012 | 6:38 am

Hello my name is Nick, I’m just on a similar project,
A few years ago, I made ​​some patches in TUIO, in which a compass rotates at a fixed tempo and sounds a fixed object.
A circular sequencer some features.
Besides, coincidence!!!, someone asked me, if I could submit a patch where some sounds are triggered in a grid, using movement of player.
To avoid typical problems of simple cameras I’m using a kinect from above for tracking people.
The procedure is simple.
If you want to send me a message and I’ll explain.
Greetings and good luck
PS: I’m thinking anyway in another project much more risky, the musicalization anonymous medieval poem dedicated to the mads, the orphans and bastards.

December 6, 2012 | 7:13 am

Maybe you can explain here, because I’m also working on something similar now…

December 9, 2012 | 9:48 pm

does anyone else have any input? haven’t heard back from Nick! Stephane — did you ask any similar questions in the forum that may help us both? thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)