Kinect with jit.cv

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:59pm

Kinect with jit.cv

Hi everybody. I am working on my oncoming thesis and I needed a reliable IR camera so that I can use it with the jit.cv objects. So I just bought kinect and I am trying to figure out how I am going to pass the data from kinect to the jit.cv. Is there a way I can connect the jit.freenect.grab with jit.cv? -I know though that kinect has to do with depth. But is there a way I could use kinect just as a simple IR camera? Do I necessarily need processing (unfortunately I am not familiarized with processing yet). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Leda

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:36pm

see this thread, it should help: http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=32195

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:54pm

Look at the help file for jit.freenect.grab. You can use the format IR message before opening the device to use the IR output form the RGB outlet.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:47pm

Thank you both. I guess I m going to need some extra help but it’s getting better. I might come back with a few more specific questions. Thanks again.

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:36pm

I made a simple patch that lets you select a threshhold in the depth data an then run it through cv.jit. Take a look, it might help. I used a lot of the jit.freenect demo for this.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:56am

I don’t believe I didn’t see your post earlier… Thank you very much. I made some improvement but that’s a really coll patch- and the slider for threshold is a great idea. With a friends’ help I managed to add the jit.faces object so now I m trying to make my patch as precise as possible. I ll keep asking though..
Thanks once more.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.