Forums > MaxMSP

kslider bug

July 21, 2008 | 6:42 pm

hmm… seems to be the bug day..
i have a kslider in polyphonic mode with a large range. the notes
above 127 shows as if they were "on" all the time. it doesn’t happen
in monophonic mode.
maybe someone doesn’t want us to go beyond the midi range?

example below.

/m

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 21, 2008 | 7:16 pm

On Jul 21, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Mattias Petersson wrote:
> maybe someone doesn’t want us to go beyond the midi range?

Are you making music for dogs & bats?

-C

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com


July 21, 2008 | 7:40 pm

>> maybe someone doesn’t want us to go beyond the midi range?
> Are you making music for dogs & bats?
i’m batman. :-)


July 21, 2008 | 7:46 pm

On 21 juil. 08, at 21:40, Mattias Petersson wrote:

>> Are you making music for dogs & bats?
>
> i’m batman. :-)

I’ll add that to my todo list, with a low prority though, because the
MIDI batmobile is limited to 128 anyway…

ej


July 23, 2008 | 6:32 am

Emmanuel Jourdan schrieb:
> I’ll add that to my todo list, with a low prority though, because the
> MIDI batmobile is limited to 128 anyway…

I realised that it was on low priority, I reported it a long time ago.
But the reason isn’t understandable at all, The places I use kslider for
example is to represent the hearing range, not Midi. It doesn’t need to
be much more but 2 octaves at least. But if you are at it, you might
just fix it for the dogs and cats as well (which would probably only
need 3 octaves more… ;-)

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


July 23, 2008 | 7:19 am

On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:32 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> The places I use kslider for example is to represent the hearing range

128 notes covers the range of hearing (and then some), MIDI is just
offset a little. Here’s a simple patcher that uses an offset of one
octave and goes from a low C 16.351599 Hz, to a high G at 25087.707031
Hz

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com


July 23, 2008 | 4:54 pm

Chris Muir schrieb:
> 128 notes covers the range of hearing (and then some), MIDI is just
> offset a little. Here’s a simple patcher that uses an offset of one
> octave and goes from a low C 16.351599 Hz, to a high G at 25087.707031 Hz

Of course, but an offset to work around an obvious bug is just plain
ugly (especially if you have to feed back information into kslider)…
There are other uses where you might want to span more than the hearing
range, what about a seemless move between rythm and sound? Define beats
as notes…
The unnecessary limitation of objects dealing with midi to the limits of
midi are bugging me always – in principle. Fortunately there are not may
left… ;-)

By the way, I’d like to be able to make the kslider even smaller than
its momentary smallest size. I think it is possible to cut each key
further by two pixels (one on each side…)

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)