Forums > Jitter

Laughably Easy Question. Seriously.

March 25, 2008 | 4:46 pm

Dearest Esteemed Gurus,

Hey there, I’m stumped with jitter as of now and I could really use a nudge in the right direction. The basics are as so: I have a bunch of small movie clips that are accessed by various keys… but there is one particular clip that I want to play (on loop) directly after any other movie clip finishes.

In other words, how can I get a clip to play immediately after another one is finished? Thanks!

Yours,

SMHS

March 25, 2008 | 4:49 pm

Sorry, this is me wording it slightly better.

——
Dearest Esteemed Gurus,

Hey there, I’m stumped with jitter as of now and I could really use a nudge in the right direction. The basics are as so: I have a bunch of small movie clips that are accessed by various keys… but there is one particular clip that I want to play (on loop) directly after any other movie clip finishes. How can I get the clip to automatically play on default when the patch isn’t busy playing another one? Thanks!

Yours,
SMHS

March 25, 2008 | 6:08 pm

Make extra movie object that plays just the clip you want

March 25, 2008 | 7:51 pm

March 26, 2008 | 6:41 am

Fantastic advice – that’s a good way of looking at the problem!

You mentioned in one line about after hitting the key, playing the movie, "be ready to detect the end of this movie (is there an end indicator…?)"

That right there, i think is my million dollar question. Is there a way to detect when a movie has just finished? Any way to get jit.qt.movie to fire off a bang when it’s finished or something like this? Thanks for your help!

March 26, 2008 | 8:52 am

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)