Forums > MaxMSP

LaunchURL max object

April 26, 2010 | 1:23 pm

I have been looking for the launchurl object for max but I can’t seem to find a version which works with Max 5 on mac. anyone know where I could get it from?

March 29, 2011 | 7:18 pm

Me too! I really need one for Windows and Mac, and I can’t even find the Max 4 version! Please help? Thanks!

pid
March 29, 2011 | 8:12 pm

i have no idea what this launchurl object is. sounds like i have never needed it

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 30, 2011 | 1:28 am

No such luck, you need to use openfile with a file name variable, close the file with this variable name.

March 30, 2011 | 8:09 am

March 30, 2011 | 11:49 pm

Thanks so much guys! Exactly what I needed … I wasn’t formatting my paths quite right. Also, in case anyone is interested, here’s a slightly simpler method that works on Windows based on your patches.

March 31, 2011 | 9:52 pm

Hello again, have to revise my previous post, I spoke too soon. Could anyone help me with navigating to folders on Windows? I have some even simpler code here which allows me to open applications, files and shortcuts, even with spaces in the name. And I swear I’ve seen this work with folders before, but now when I drag a folder in and click the bang it just changes the focus from MaxMSP to whatever they call the Finder on a PC. I need it to actually open a browser window and open the folder I’ve chosen. I’ve played around with [absolutepath] and sprintf /regexp formatting but I can’t seem to find the key. It’s so close!!!! Any help very appreciated. Thanks,
Diane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)