I’m currently working on an assignment i got from school,
I have to make a drumkit in Max msp and pure data.
Though it was relatively easy in pure data i’m having trouble with max msp.
I namely can’t seem to get the user input right.
the 2nd layer picture won’t show.
I’ve added a part of my assignment so you could take a look at it.
If you need al of it, just go ahead and ask :)
Welcome to this forum.
If you would bring the problem down to a small code example instead of putting your assigment here you might learn something from it. Attaching files isn’t also the best approach.
Best you make an example/expert of the part of the code that doesn’t work and next you "copy compress" and paste it along with your question.
I don’t think i can make it any smaller,
this patch is just one picture "DrumSet",
with the option to press the 49th key (#1)
that should push the picture "Kick" to the upper layer,
so the part that probably doesn’t work is the layer attribute,
or maybe i’m missing something.
if i would just upload the code, you wouldnt have the pictures attached,
with this small zip file you can quickly take a look (I hope)
In my set up the images are not shown at all. It looks like the images are not applied as textures. Could you bring the example down to an example without the audio, camera’s and attrui objects. This way you’ll isolate the problem more. Without these objects you also could drop the [patcher] objects for maximum for debugging overview
[jit.gl.videoplane <drawto>] The argument is not a texture name! The whole-drumset picture is displayed by accident – you put here a name of your jit.window. In your case (and if you use max6) I would do away with this argument. Also, [jit.gl.texture]s are redundant with videoplanes.