Forums > Jitter

Layering multiple textured planes

November 16, 2007 | 8:58 am

Hi,

I’m creating textures using gl.sketch’s @capture attribute and loading them onto planes made using gl.gridshape. The textures I am making are mostly blank with a few lines drawn on them. I need to layer a bunch of these textures on top of each other. Can I make the blank areas of the textures transparent and then render them onto transparent planes made using gl.gridshape? If not, what else can I do to achieve this effect?


November 16, 2007 | 9:20 am

put them on a videoplane and set blend_enable 1 with appropriate
blend_mode such as blend_mode 6 1 for additive blending.

wes

On 11/16/07, Solomon Bothwell wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m creating textures using gl.sketch’s @capture attribute and loading them onto planes made using gl.gridshape. The textures I am making are mostly blank with a few lines drawn on them. I need to layer a bunch of these textures on top of each other. Can I make the blank areas of the textures transparent and then render them onto transparent planes made using gl.gridshape? If not, what else can I do to achieve this effect?
>


November 16, 2007 | 9:29 am

Thanks wes!


November 16, 2007 | 11:10 am

Errr, are those blend arguments placed in my gl.sketch, gl.texture, or gl.videoplane?


November 16, 2007 | 1:47 pm

Wes when does the layer numbering come in effect, don’t you need it ?
DO_Ray

On 16 Nov 2007, at 10:20, Wesley Smith wrote:

> put them on a videoplane and set blend_enable 1 with appropriate
> blend_mode such as blend_mode 6 1 for additive blending.
>
> wes
>
> On 11/16/07, Solomon Bothwell wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m creating textures using gl.sketch’s @capture attribute and
>> loading them onto planes made using gl.gridshape. The textures I
>> am making are mostly blank with a few lines drawn on them. I need
>> to layer a bunch of these textures on top of each other. Can I
>> make the blank areas of the textures transparent and then render
>> them onto transparent planes made using gl.gridshape? If not, what
>> else can I do to achieve this effect?
>>
>


November 16, 2007 | 5:55 pm

Place them on the videoplane objects with your textures. Layer
numbering could be used to specify an exact ordering of the video
planes. You’ll probably also want depth_enable 0 on the videoplanes.

wes

On 11/16/07, DO_Ray wrote:
> Wes when does the layer numbering come in effect, don’t you need it ?
> DO_Ray
>
> On 16 Nov 2007, at 10:20, Wesley Smith wrote:
>
> > put them on a videoplane and set blend_enable 1 with appropriate
> > blend_mode such as blend_mode 6 1 for additive blending.
> >
> > wes
> >
> > On 11/16/07, Solomon Bothwell wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I’m creating textures using gl.sketch’s @capture attribute and
> >> loading them onto planes made using gl.gridshape. The textures I
> >> am making are mostly blank with a few lines drawn on them. I need
> >> to layer a bunch of these textures on top of each other. Can I
> >> make the blank areas of the textures transparent and then render
> >> them onto transparent planes made using gl.gridshape? If not, what
> >> else can I do to achieve this effect?
> >>
> >
>
>


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)