Leafcutter's public Framework Patch – Participation

Jan 19, 2006 at 3:31pm

Leafcutter's public Framework Patch – Participation

I wanted to do a project where the many people could contribute to a big Max patch for treating audio. So I developed Framework, a free to use / modify modular audio patch made in Max/MSP. Download it from the download section of my site http://leafcutter.33-rpm.net , read the info and get coding! (note: you need to have a copy of Max/Msp 4.5+ to make modules!)

The framework part of the patch comprises 9 bpatcher objects connected in series (using scripting). The user loads different kind of audio treatment modules into the bpatchers.

You play a stereo file into the framework using splay~~. Or you can use a mic input. If you want to do something different to this then please hack the patch!

Make your own modules and submit them via email for inclusion in the next release of Framework.

best wishes,

Leafcutter John.

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:46am

Hi, I just read about Leafcutter John’s Framework project… how did it turn out? I can’t find any useful information online about it and the link doesn’t work. It sounds like an interesting idea…

Doesn’t seem like too many were interested here though.

Mar 11, 2008 at 12:06pm

It was a nice idea, and taught me some useful stuff
about scripting. I contributed a couple of things to
it, but you’re right, there weren’t that many takers,
which is a shame.
I still have all the patches here somewhere, so i can
send them off-list, if you like. But maybe John might
re-post a link when he reads your post…?
cheers
Roger

PS. actually, I just found a copy up online, at
cycling74.com/share .It’s not the latest version but
it’s got all the important bits.

— amcleran wrote:

>
> Hi, I just read about Leafcutter John’s Framework
> project… how did it turn out? I can’t find any
> useful information online about it and the link
> doesn’t work. It sounds like an interesting idea…
>
> Doesn’t seem like too many were interested here
> though.
>
>
>

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:53am

For anyone who is interested here is the latest version of Framework, I make no claims for it’s functionality but i still works – well kind of ;-)

It has some interesting ideas in it and you should check it out if you want to learn how not to do a whole load of things.

That said there is some cool stuff there if you are prepared to dig a little.

best,

John.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.