Forums > Jitter

Lenght and volume of a 3d model…..

August 27, 2014 | 12:10 pm

Is there a way in Jitter that I can measure the lenght and the volume of certain part of a 3d model imported in Jitter… For example if I want to measure the foot of my character etc….

Thanx a lot..

Benoit

August 28, 2014 | 1:08 am

Try adding it to jit.phys as a bound object, not sure but I’m sure that you can specify the convex bounds mode and get the info from that.

August 28, 2014 | 9:39 am

you can easily get the extents of your model by setting @matrixoutput 1, and sending through a jit.3m.
you probably want to pass through a jit.pack 1 @jump 3 to only pass the first 3 planes (the vertex positions).
you probably also want to turn of normalization in the jit.gl.model by setting @normalize 0.

August 28, 2014 | 10:42 am

Thanx a lot for your interest in my project. I don’t know if you understand what I want to do but I try to have a measurement out of a 3d model… I try what you tell me to do but with no luck…. Is it possible to have a little patch to get me started…

Thanx in advance,

Benoit

August 28, 2014 | 10:59 am

Like is it possible to express that measurement in inches or centimeters….. BTW can wait for Max 7 :)

August 29, 2014 | 9:19 am

post what you’ve tried.

OpenGL does not define units. you can interpret the numbers however you wish. the units are unit-less. it’s very taoist.

August 29, 2014 | 11:05 am
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

August 29, 2014 | 1:36 pm
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)