Forums > MaxMSP

Lexicon PCM90 and sysex

May 18, 2008 | 4:17 pm

I am trying ot build an Editor for my PCM90.
The Lexicon’s documentation about sysex is very deep but I can’t find the right way to send a dump request to the PCM.
I managed to use the remote mode by spying the sysex sent though.

If anyone did this before please let me know how you achieve this.

Thanks a lot.

May 18, 2008 | 8:03 pm

> I am trying ot build an Editor for my PCM90.
> The Lexicon’s documentation about sysex is very deep but I can’t find the right way to send a dump request to the PCM.

The documentation mentions:
MIDI Implementation Details, including System Exclusive documentation, are available to assist experienced programmers in developing software for use with the PCM 90. These can be obtained directly from Lexicon. Request: PCM 90 MIDI Implementation Details.

Do you have these implementation details? Typically dump request are done through some handshaking communication. Eg, you send a string to the device with such a request, device will say ready?, you say yes!, device says here it comes, … more?, you say yes. And so on. But this is anyhow not mentioned in the regular documentation.

-
johan

May 18, 2008 | 8:22 pm

Quote: jvkr wrote on Sun, 18 May 2008 22:03

>
> Do you have these implementation details? Typically dump request are done through some handshaking communication. Eg, you send a string to the device with such a request, device will say ready?, you say yes!, device says here it comes, … more?, you say yes. And so on. But this is anyhow not mentioned in the regular documentation.
>
> -
> johan
—————————————————-
hello Johan

yes I have the full documentation, I found the request scheme chapter, but each time I try to build the "request" message I got "sysex error" on the PCM display, if I send back a sysex message sent by PCM via MAX it works.
I could just use this technic but I need to get a complete dump of the loaded effect to display its state in my editor first.

I will do more empirical tries , maybe I will find the right string to send.

thanks again

Olivier

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)