Light Spectral Analyses

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:33am

Light Spectral Analyses

I do not know Jitter yet. I was wondering though is there a way in Jitter to analyze an image (jpg, tiff, etc)and export the data as either RGB, waveform, etc.?

Thanks.

Mark

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:42pm

yes.

Sep 24, 2009 at 10:19pm

Could you point me to where I need to go? I am going through the tutorials right now but if I can jump ahead somewhere just to take a look that would be great. Or even a sample patch.

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:12pm

the question is quite general, so it’s hard to give you much advice. a good place to start would be the jitter audio examples (Max5/examples/jitter-examples/audio).

also search the forum.

once you know more what you want to do, start patching and post back here with your work in progress to get more help.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:51pm

You’re right Rob. The question is a bit general so i apologize. What I’d like to be able to do is anaylize the hues of a given image and export hat data into a table that I can then import into Open Music. I found a similar thread ” target=”_blank”>here and the idea around jit.rgb2hsl looks promising.

I think part of my generality is because I waiting to see what the results are going to be. That will determine to some extent what I will do with the info. To clarify though I am not looking for the frequency of say Light Blue. Perhaps a better way to look at it is to think of anaylizing the entire blue spectrum.

Anyway, hope that helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.