Lilypad

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:13am

Lilypad

Hi, I am new to the lilypad/arduino boards. I am trying to get my lilypad to talk to max. Has anyone got any patches that have done this, or can anyone point me to where I may find some. I have gone through CNMAT downloads and maxuino too, having trouble making sense of them. Also still a newbie to max.

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:32am

Haven’t played with lilypad, but thinking its the same process as Arduino?

Just to check the obvious, did you upload the code to your Arduino without any problems?

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:40am

Hi Ben
the problem in addressing this type of question is the number of variables in your set up. Different responses to the following questions will produce different/unique issues:
1. Are you using the lilypad for input, for output or both?
2. What types of sensors/actuators are you using? DIY or off-the-shelf?
3. Which IDE (programming tool) are you using?
4. What is your OS?

Are you looking for tutorials on building a circuit or programming the lilypad (I’m not familiar with lilypad but I am conversant in Arduino/Max) or both?

Look at this recent thread for tips (re Arduino):

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=28279

Brendan

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:51am

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Very basically, I am using the Lilypad to collect sensor data to be used in Max/msp and jitter.

2. The sensor’s I am using at the moment are off the shelf(lilypad brand) x,y,z accelerometers.

3. The IDE i am using I think is the arduino programming software.

4. I am using an i5, macbook pro, 4gig ram, OS 10.6.4

I looked at the post you suggested and have started to go through the tutorials.

I seem to be able to upload patches to the arduino, but all I get is noisy information when using maxuino and CNMAT patches and externals.

Thanks

ben

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:08am

Noisy input is often the result of ‘voltage bleed’ (?), from unused ungrounded analog inputs. Ground these unused inputs and see if the serial data is still noisy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.