Link two sliders, two knobs, two playbars…

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:52am

Link two sliders, two knobs, two playbars…

Hello,

I’ve got a Master patch, including several Embbeded patches.
I would like to have on this master patch a slide, a knob and a playbar, all three connected to a slide, a knob and a playbar inside one of the embbeded patches.
By connection I mean : when a change the slide on the master patch, the one on the embbeded patch will change in accordance, and the reverse : acting on embedded patch object will change object on master patch.

I try to use s/r object, pattrn object, looked at the help file and forums here.. but it’s not really satisfying.

There is no way to directly connect two objects, a strict replica, between a master patch and embbeded ones ?

Thansk a lot !

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:37am

Cross coupled [prepend set] or message [set $1] will do it for sliders and knobs, but unfortunately not for play bar, which I’m not aware of a solution for…

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:28pm

You should be able to use send and receive objects to force value sync between the master dial and embedded dial. Same for the master/embedded slider.

As Spectro said… there doesn’t seem to be a similar solution for the playbar.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:12pm

Perfect, thanks a lot !

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:43pm

There’s also the sw abstraction which comes with Max. It’s similar to the combination Spectro describes, but works slightly differently. It uses gates to prevent infinite loops.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:13pm

Ok, good to know it ! Thanks Peter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.