I recently installed the last MOTU driver for FireWire devices in a new MacBookPro8,2 Intel Core i7 2,4 GHz 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b). After connecting a MOTU UL and launching Max 6.0.3, the audiostatus window does not indentify the device. I’ve tryed launching Max 5.1.9 and it does identify it, as usual.
I’ve learned that there was some issues with max5, lion and some external sound devices. Is perhaps the same kind of issues or is some other thing? Is there some way to fix it?
Try it with 6.04 and if it’s still no good please get in touch with support
When you try it, try both ad_coreaudio and ad_portaudio
thank you, Andrew. i’ll do it in a while…
I have a motu 828 mk2, i used it with max 5, and i had to select it as AUDIO DRIVER instead of the core audio.
now this doesn’t happen anymore with max 6, i don’t have the motu as audio driver but i can find it in outputs/inputs, leaving the default core audio as driver. But i’m still in snow leopard so maybe this is not the case for you.
the way an audiocard is selected has changed a little in max 6. this might give you problems.
look in the documentation.
the positive side is, that you can change now the audiointerface, while max is running.
hope this helps
hans (still remember mexico…)
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74