Forums > MaxMSP

List combination with second list organized pairs

December 8, 2011 | 11:07 pm

Hi,
I would like to combine two lists, one of which is in pairs. The first list would be something like a b c d e f g, and the second list would look like this, LoopSize 1 LoopSize 2 LoopSize 3 LoopSize 4 LoopSize 5 LoopSize 6. The resulting list I am hoping to make would look like, a LoopSize 1 b LoopSize 2 c LoopSize 3 d LoopSize 4 e LoopSize 5f LoopSize 6. I am sure this really easy, but I have been trying to use zl iter, zl lace, and zl group in the right way, but I am still unable to define the second list in pairs… Max patch included. Thanks!!!!
DR

December 8, 2011 | 11:50 pm
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 9, 2011 | 1:02 am

Thanks!!! Works great.

December 11, 2011 | 4:26 am

I want to make a patch that takes two lists of integers of the same length and outputs paired items from each list. I modified the patch given as the solution to the initial question to produce the following patch. It works, but is this the best way to do it?

My next task to to generate these pairs as a timed sequence so they can be fed into a noteout object. Can anyone show me how to do this please?

December 11, 2011 | 8:45 pm

is this what you want? (First part of your question)

December 11, 2011 | 11:13 pm

Thanks Terry. That is much better. I tried inserting the pairs into a coll. I used a "dummy" $3 argument for the index (see below). This has the effect of inserting and incrementing the index so I end up with the collection of pairs indexed in reverse order. Is there a better way so they get inserted into the coll indexed in the original order?

December 12, 2011 | 3:19 am

here Dave, fixed it up a little for you (just put in a counter basically, and changed the message argument order)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)