Forums > MaxMSP

listfunnel cant count in max 4

July 29, 2008 | 11:25 am

hello,

in max 4.63, the listfunnel offset argument doesnt work on my machine. Either i’m missing something *really* obvious, or it’s a bug?!

The good news is it works fine in max 504…

j

quick patch to demonstrate:

#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P comment 89 75 144 196617 < < send msg;
#P newex 155 131 55 196617 zl group 4;
#P newex 42 131 55 196617 zl group 4;
#P message 42 189 64 196617 0 abc 1 def;
#P message 155 189 64 196617 0 abc 1 def;
#P newex 155 167 62 196617 prepend set;
#P newex 42 167 62 196617 prepend set;
#P message 42 74 45 196617 abc def;
#P newex 155 103 67 196617 listfunnel 20;
#P newex 42 103 52 196617 listfunnel;
#P comment 226 190 153 196617 < < should be counting from 20...;
#P connect 3 0 1 0;
#P fasten 3 0 2 0 47 96 160 96;
#P connect 8 0 4 0;
#P connect 1 0 8 0;
#P connect 9 0 5 0;
#P connect 2 0 9 0;
#P connect 4 0 7 0;
#P connect 5 0 6 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 11;


July 29, 2008 | 2:02 pm

I get "20 abc 21 def" in the message box on the right. Is that not the correct behaviour?


July 29, 2008 | 3:27 pm

that is the correct behaviour, but it’s not what’s happening on my computer. what os / and verion of max are u running?

perhaps this problem only occurs on mac system…


July 29, 2008 | 5:12 pm

forgot to add the system specs: mbp / osx 4.11 / max 4.63


July 29, 2008 | 5:26 pm

The computer I tested on was OS X 10.4.11, Intel.

Max 4.6.3

For what it’s worth, Overdrive and Interrupt are off, vector size 512.

Hope this helps…


July 29, 2008 | 5:35 pm

now that’s just weird… because, i’m consistently not getting the expected result. as proof, i’ve attached a screen grab of what i get on my machine.

*really* confused?


July 29, 2008 | 6:50 pm

On 29 juil. 08, at 19:35, justin wrote:

> now that’s just weird… because, i’m consistently not getting the
> expected result. as proof, i’ve attached a screen grab of what i get
> on my machine.

From what I remember, the offset attribute was added somewhere in
4.5.x (I might be wrong). I guess you have an old version of
listfunnel somewhere in your search path.

HTH,
ej


July 30, 2008 | 9:25 am

thank u, you are right emmanuel! i thought i was going mad there for a second…

for some reason that i cant understand, i have got max / msp 4.63 (and jitter 1.5) installed, but i have externals that are a year older than in the current installer (which i have just DL from C74 website).

how that happened, i have no idea… i’m more interested in resolving this situation!

if i install 4.63 over my current install, will i have to redo the incremental updates? and will it effect my jitter installation (which also has the updated API)?

thanks,

j


July 31, 2008 | 9:26 am

i re-installed max-msp 4.63 over my current installation… but it hasnt changed my situation with listfunnel, it still cant count with an offset argument!?

i have searched the max folder with finder and i can only find one instance of the listfunnel object.

this is really weird.

j


July 31, 2008 | 11:24 am

On 31 juil. 08, at 11:26, justin wrote:

> i re-installed max-msp 4.63 over my current installation… but it
> hasnt changed my situation with listfunnel, it still cant count with
> an offset argument!?
>
> i have searched the max folder with finder and i can only find one
> instance of the listfunnel object.

Try removing the listfunnel object and reinstalling.

ej


July 31, 2008 | 12:01 pm

Quote: Emmanuel Jourdan wrote on Thu, 31 July 2008 12:24
—————————————————-
> Try removing the listfunnel object and reinstalling.
>
> ej
—————————————————-

i tried 2 methods:

1. manually extracting the listfunnel object from the max installer (via show package contents) and copying it to the max installation folder (max/c74/externals)

2. deleting the object from the current installation and re-installing.

neither method has worked, i still have a listfunnel with numeracy problems.

the help is much appreciated, cos i’m in the middle of making a fairly complex app… my max installation seems stable, i’ve been working with it almost exclusively this week with no other problems.

could it be possible that my laptop has 3rd party libs / objects which are interfering? altho, i doubt it as the usual problem is duplicate objects or objects that share the same name. regardless, i think i might try a clean install on another machine, see if i get the same issue…

thanks emmanuel.

justin


July 31, 2008 | 2:20 pm

justin schrieb:
> neither method has worked, i still have a listfunnel with numeracy problems.

Restart Max freshly, and try to use the install command, and install the
newly downloaded listfunnel. Then load your patch. If that works, it is
possible that there is an old listfunnel within a Max standalone program
which might flow around in your search path and is loaded before the
real one. It wouldn’t be as visible as one wants…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


July 31, 2008 | 3:02 pm

thanks stefan, your reply prompted me to dbl check my search paths in the max prefs.

a while ago, i added the pluggo bonus externals to the max search path… (the pluggo xterns are installed in the c74 folder in library/app support) – and in that collection of externals is an outdated listfunnel!!!

thanks all for helping!

justin


Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)