live audio and video broadcast from jitter matrix

May 11, 2009 at 10:57am

live audio and video broadcast from jitter matrix

We are looking for a solution how to broadcast both live audio and video in Max/msp to the Internet? Similar to a tv-broadcast we would like to stream video and audio content from a max/msp jitter matrix so that a user can watch it live on an website. However, the jit.qt.broadcast object only broadcast video, not audio, from a jitter matrix. Our content is mixed from several videocameras, and as we want live broadcast the possibility to first save the video as a hinted file is not an option for us. Any one that has solved this issue yet?

May 30, 2009 at 7:02pm

According to the manual jit.qt.broadcast can stream audio with video, but there is a newer post on this list suggesting it crashes Max5:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=174048&rid=0&srch=jit.broadcast+audio#msg_174048

I thought about making a generative streaming audio/video piece, but it makes me nervous that I can’t find any examples (like, maybe it doesn’t really work).

Anybody out there know of any examples?

Cheers,

Baz

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:45am

Hi,
Any progress in this regard? I need to broadcast video with audio from Max/msp. Can any one help ?

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:05am

Yyou better use Wirecast. It is a dedicated program just for broadcasting.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:58pm

Thanks Thinksamuel,

Actually I have developed a live mixer in maxmsp and want to broadcast the output video with audio to web. that is why I am looking a way to do so in max or wana get some basic info regarding such external development.

/Mudassar

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.