[live.drop] defect

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:21am

[live.drop] defect

Hi all,

When I drop a file in [live.drop] it doesn’t respond or it produces a “Media files missing” message in Live.
This looks like a bug to me but, I would like to ask first before sending a report.

Can anyone else try and see if [live.drop] works (correctly)?

Thanx,
Pandelis Diamantides | Microseq
http://www.microseq.info

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:36am

open the inspector and experiment with the “Attempt File Decode” attribute. you are probably trying to load a ‘strange’ file type. however, i have had issues with this myself, that i think may be related to different encrypted audio content from the library. you may also want to open up the ‘Loop Shifter’ Instrument and have a look at the way ddg dealt with this.

Sep 22, 2011 at 8:05pm

I’ve experimented already with different attribute settings. I still find the way it functions erroneous; sometimes, it just doesn’t respond but other times it works just fine even with the same files/folder that [live.drop] ignored in previous attempts.

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:04am

I’ve been messing with live.drop myself some time ago and so far never had any issues with it wrt it not picking up on something.

Then again; I haven’t used that particular project for a while now (experimental thingie which would recognize a live preset, uuencode it and put the result into the clipboard of the OS allowing you to ‘share’ it alternatively).

Had to cope with a few bugs, but none of those were live.drop related.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.