Forums > Jitter

Live Max/MSP/Jitter performance setup

September 19, 2007 | 8:35 pm

Hello,

I’ve a question about utilizing Max/MSP/Jitter in a live situation.

I’ve recently seen videos of artists that have Ms. Pinky, Max/MSP, and Jitter in a single performance, where the turntables using Ms. Pinky are controlling video and/or sound, and other MIDI controllers are controlling the sound. I know that artists like Daito Manabe use two laptops, one for Max/Jitter and another for Max/MSP but to buy two laptops for this situation is very expensive.

Is it possible to project what you have going on with Jitter _fullscreen_ using a second monitor, and still be able to see your Max/MSP patch on the laptop screen? How would that be set up?

I want to have one monitor connected to a macbook pro with a jitter patch running fullscreen and project THAT monitor to a screen, and have my laptop screen free to see my Max/MSP patch.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
September 19, 2007 | 8:59 pm

Yes, totally doable. Just drag your jit.window over to your 2nd monitor and tell it "fullscreen 1". The real challenge is performance-tuning your patches so you can do everything you want to do.

September 19, 2007 | 10:34 pm

You mean making the patches efficient so that I can run both things on the computer at the same time, right? I guess that’s why some artists use a laptop for video and another for audio. Thanks!

Dan
September 19, 2007 | 10:35 pm

Yes, totally doable. Just drag your jit.window over to your 2nd monitor and tell it "fullscreen 1". The real challenge is performance-tuning your patches so you can do everything you want to do.

September 20, 2007 | 3:12 pm

September 20, 2007 | 3:40 pm

Quote: Dan wrote on Wed, 19 September 2007 16:35
—————————————————-
> Yes, totally doable. Just drag your jit.window over to your 2nd monitor and tell it "fullscreen 1". The real challenge is performance-tuning your patches so you can do everything you want to do.
>
>
>
>
—————————————————-

? You wrote the same thing twice, and Axiom-Crux wrote the same thing as well. Huh?

September 20, 2007 | 3:58 pm

> ? You wrote the same thing twice, and Axiom-Crux wrote the same thing as well. Huh?

Fantastic! I never knew the Dan Winckler and Nicholas C. Rafitis III
were actually the same person. The cat’s out of the bag now ;]

wes

Dan
September 20, 2007 | 5:11 pm

Curses! All my identity constructs reduced to smithereens!

All that you know about that is… Heh heh…

Yours,
jkc Bernstein

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)