live.object: Changes cannot be triggered by notifications, from mouse click

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:05am

live.object: Changes cannot be triggered by notifications, from mouse click

Hi,

I’m getting the

live.object: Changes cannot be triggered by notifications

error, when I use the patch below to change a device parameter in M4L: a toggle object is used to control the change, so there are no notifications involved at all (to my understanding). This occurs frequenty–perhaps one in twenty clicks–but not all the time. I am using a deferlow object, as suggested by the docs, even though it should only be necessary when a notification is triggering the change.

Has anyone any ideas why I’m getting this error?

Thanks,

Aengus.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Feb 11, 2012 at 10:41am

In my experience that error message may also appear in situations not strictly related to notifications.
So it would be helpful if you provide some more context, ie. a complete reproducible example.

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:56pm

I’d be happy to–do you mean a complete Live set too? That’s surely the only way an example could be complete…?

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:34pm

Ideally you would attach a Live set (zip) reduced to relevant devices with instructions for reproducing the issue.
The zip file should also contain all used non-factory components, in particular M4L devices.

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:06am

Now that I attempt to do so, I’m afraid I cannot reproduce this error in another live set. Since I can’t upload the set in which I saw the problem initially, I’ll have to abandon this enquiry for now (I worked around the issue by using live.remote~ in the other set).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.