Forums > Max For Live

live.step initialization

November 14, 2013 | 8:25 am

Hi guys, Is there any good was to initialize 12 sequences in live.step when the device is first loaded up?

The initial enable feature in inspector is definitely not a good way, so thought to save the state in a dictionary (what i save with the patch) and loadbang that… But i’m not sure what happens if some saves the device with a project and his own sequences…

After some tests it seem the system will first call the "loadbang" and when the device is initialised, will set all the parameters saved in the .ALS file… But would be good to know if it’s the way Max and Live ALWAYS acts or sometimes the order changes?

thanx in advance,
Kevin

November 14, 2013 | 4:48 pm

The initial enable feature works well for me. Why do you think it’s not a good way?

November 14, 2013 | 5:29 pm

because i have 12 sequences, every sequence has 16 steps, loop points, velocity, extra, etc values… it’s a complex and long structure if I dump it to a dictionary, so don’t see how could i init in the inspector’s initial value field…

Can you describe how the initial feature works for you? I just can’t see how i can write so much data in that small line in the inspector…

can you drop a patch here to check your solution?
thanx in advance!

November 14, 2013 | 5:50 pm

If initial enable is on and you switch off-on after modifying the sequencer data it will store the current settings as initial value. The same works also for other live.* objects.

November 15, 2013 | 3:07 am

ah really? I’ve missed this feature somehow… sounds easy :) and works!

thanx Broc a lot!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)