Forums > MaxMSP

loadbang not activating message "port from Max 1"?

January 4, 2012 | 8:39 pm

Hi,

I am using Max 6 and mac Lion, on a brand new 15 inch mac book pro, and I am using a loadbang with send/receive around my patch. Everything seems to be ok, except it does not seem to activate the message " from Max 1" with noteout object in order to change from "AU DLS Synth" to " port from Max 1" when the patch starts. I have to do it manually every time ? I tried various forms such as…port from Max MSP 1… port from Max 1,,, from max 1 etc as it says port is optional. I am new to this and I did search, so sorry if this has been asked before. I am sure it is something really simple.

Thanks.

January 4, 2012 | 9:46 pm

i’m having this same issue. max v6.0.2 (51770) on os x 10.7.2

January 4, 2012 | 10:03 pm

hmmm. well we are not alone as I spoke with a friend at college this evening, as we are all doing projects at college using max, and he has the same problem. Perhaps just a bug then? I read a few post where people said they just don’t trust load bang on the whole and suggested ways to initiate things. I think for now I will just use something else in the patch to initiate this message. I presume I can take a bang from something else that initiates and send that bang to the port message.
Thanks for the reply, now there is a few people saying this I know its not just some stupid thing I did.

January 4, 2012 | 10:20 pm

i can’t even get it to work by manually triggering the message. can you? i think it’s a bug.

January 4, 2012 | 11:19 pm

Having tried everything the message simply does not work. your right. shit. then its a bug for sure what now should we send a report to the people here. I am so new to this I have never address a bug with cycling 74? any suggestions here?

January 5, 2012 | 12:12 am
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 5, 2012 | 1:35 am

thanks chris!

the max help files don't use quotes (screenshot of max help file for noteout attached).

[attachment=180960,3157]

Attachments:
  1. ScreenShot20120104at6.33.56PM.png

January 5, 2012 | 1:53 pm

Or…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 5, 2012 | 1:54 pm

Also, you can double-click on the noteout (or midiout, or ctlout) object to see which port it is sending to presently. I believe this works for all midi port-related objects (meaning the inputs also).

D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)