loadbang not working with multislider/pattr

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:54am

loadbang not working with multislider/pattr

Hi,

I have the following patch, but for some reason, when I reload it (in live) I have to physically doubleclick loadbang twice, to get the plot/graph to show up.

Id be really grateful if someone could explain why the Loadbang is not making it’s way to the multislider/plot.

I have added as an attachment because the forum wont let me add the encapsulated code

Its’ the attachment with a 1 on the end. Try drawing a curve into the right hand multislider, then save the set, then recall. You will have to click loadbang twice to get the multislider to show in the plot graph

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:03am

did you try a [defer] or [deferlow] after the loadbang ? i had dome issue with a graphical object (bach.roll in the bach library) not updated by presets sent by loadbang, the mentionned obejcts did solve. The problem, if i may hazard a guess, is that the graphical objects are constructed in a lower priority thread at patcher’s initialisation ? So if you need messages sent to said graphical object, they should be sent after it’s constructed ?

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:27am

Hi Vichug, yep I tried deferlow, and also ive tried delaying the bang for up to 5 seconds, along with uzi to get multiple bangs to come out. Its still not happening. This is a really weird one, I have no idea why its not working :/ The other thing I cannot understand is why I have to click loadbang twice????

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:59am

I forced it to work a different way, by making the loadbang go directly into the multislider, to output all the sliders at once, then listfunnel straight into the poke~

However, I have to delay it by 1000 ms (cannot do 500ms even) I have no idea why it needs to wait so long before it works. Makes me worry that this will react differently on different setups.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:14am

You could try replacing [loadbang] with [live.thisdevice].
In theory it sends a bang when the device is completely initialized.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.