Forums > Jitter

Loading Videos Quickly (choosing from many)

Anonymous
September 6, 2009 | 12:46 am

Ok so I’ve got this example patch but it doesn’t work.

Rather than have to click ‘read’ and then get a pop up finder menu, I want to have my video clips in a menu like the one included in this patch that shows me all the clips available so I can select one on the fly, without a pop up finder window opening.

This is for the purpose of live performance

Any ideas for having multiple/many clips a click away from playing inside of my jitter patch without having to open another window?

any help would be greatly appreciated

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

September 6, 2009 | 4:35 am

hi,

try this.

Luis Marques

Anonymous
September 6, 2009 | 5:22 am

Hi Luis

Thanks for your help, however still upon clicking on the menu and selecting a video it makes the finder window pop open to then select the video a second time. kind of double handling now… selecting it in the menu and then again on the finder window.

I would like to have like a self read message but so they’re all contained in a drop down message, instead of 3 messages like in this patch

not sure if this is possible and/or I’m making myself clear?

September 6, 2009 | 6:17 am

hi,

Try this. Hope it helps.

Luis Marques

Anonymous
September 6, 2009 | 11:19 am

that’s awesome, thanks so much.

I’m also thinking up another way to execute this so as to be able to select the ‘next’ video after the one playing using a single midi note on message

will have a crack and getting it myself and might post back here should I strike problems. Thanks for your help Luis

cheers,

Tom.

September 6, 2009 | 11:26 am

You can easily do that whit the coll object and the counter object.

Luis Marques

September 6, 2009 | 11:52 am

The [umenu] object accepts the "next" and "prev" message now so this would be quite easy to do if you use [sel] or [if] to compare your midi input with the desired trigger value.

lh

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)