Loop/ Audio- problem

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:56am

Loop/ Audio- problem

hi,

When my videos are in loop, there is always one click in my audio? what should it be? I worked with Final Cut Pro to create perfect audio loop and the click is not there, neither in the quicktime player… I can’t figure out why with jitter the click is always coming back.
any suggestion…

attached is my patcher

Many thanks,

#30239
Feb 12, 2007 at 6:19am

Hi all,

Revisiting an old, reoccurring thread…

How to get hi-resolution recordings out of Jitter:

It occurred to me today that finally a solution is available, and its
even cheap(!)

You may have seen Decklink’s recently released ‘Intensity’ HDMI card
http://decklink.com/products/intensity/ which is designed to work
with a number of HDV camera that have uncompressed HDMI output (such
as Sony HC3) the card is a mere $250

The lightbulb lit in my head when I remembered that with a simple DVI-
I to HDMI adapter (or cable), available at any electronics store,
graphics cards (at least my last few Macs) enable 1080i/720p legal
resolutions – I know this from using such a setup with a consumer
HDTV with HDMI input.

So there you have it… all you need is a PCI-e Mac or PC, the
Intensity board, and then the computer of your choice to run your
Jitter patches, and you can realtime record uncompressed 1920x1080i
YUV 4:2:2 (caveat of course you’ll also want to have a raid capable
of recording that high datarate)

This is untested, but I have every reason to believe it works.
Thought I would pass it along since there are plenty of people who’ve
been wishing for this capability.

cheers,

DeKam

#96200
Feb 12, 2007 at 6:28am

Thanks for the info. I talked to who knows how many freaking AV
companys in LA this fall and no one had a solution for this kind of
problem. Seems like it would work. Hopefully someone can trty it out
in the near future and report back to the list. One good suggestion I
did get was to get a striped RAID for recording and then have a system
of swappable slower SATA drives for dumping the data to after the
recording was done in order to minimize cost by buying as few as
possible fast RPM hard disks.

wes

On 2/11/07, dekam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Revisiting an old, reoccurring thread…
>
> How to get hi-resolution recordings out of Jitter:
>
> It occurred to me today that finally a solution is available, and its
> even cheap(!)
>
> You may have seen Decklink’s recently released ‘Intensity’ HDMI card
> http://decklink.com/products/intensity/ which is designed to work
> with a number of HDV camera that have uncompressed HDMI output (such
> as Sony HC3) the card is a mere $250
>
> The lightbulb lit in my head when I remembered that with a simple DVI-
> I to HDMI adapter (or cable), available at any electronics store,
> graphics cards (at least my last few Macs) enable 1080i/720p legal
> resolutions – I know this from using such a setup with a consumer
> HDTV with HDMI input.
>
> So there you have it… all you need is a PCI-e Mac or PC, the
> Intensity board, and then the computer of your choice to run your
> Jitter patches, and you can realtime record uncompressed 1920x1080i
> YUV 4:2:2 (caveat of course you’ll also want to have a raid capable
> of recording that high datarate)
>
> This is untested, but I have every reason to believe it works.
> Thought I would pass it along since there are plenty of people who’ve
> been wishing for this capability.
>
> cheers,
>
> DeKam
>
>
>

#96201
Feb 12, 2007 at 7:55pm

This will work. I spoke with Decklink about their card when it came
out, and it will only support broadcast formats and framerates. If
you wish to use this card you must output your DVI at 1920×1080
interlaced @ 60Hz, 50Hz, or 1280×720 progressive at 60Hz. Any other
resolutions will not work.

But yeah, its definitely a great option. Also note that Decklink
supports Native QT capture components. Ive used their cards and AJAs
cards to input uncompressed HD into Jitter via jit.qt.grab. Its
really nice – the quality is outstanding. Note you need a LOT of
bandwidth to record uncompressed 1080 (on the order of 200MB/s)
should you want to. Apples XRaid is quite nice for that.

Anyway..

#96202
Feb 13, 2007 at 2:14pm

thanks vade for the confirmation

after reading the manual available online, it notes that you don’t
necessarily have to record in uncompressed format, it supports
realtime record to compressed formats eg photojpeg (but this is done
on the cpu, not the board) A 2 drive sata stripe could suffice if
one is willing to live with some spatial compression.

-deKam

> But yeah, its definitely a great option. Also note that Decklink
> supports Native QT capture components. Ive used their cards and
> AJAs cards to input uncompressed HD into Jitter via jit.qt.grab.
> Its really nice – the quality is outstanding. Note you need a LOT
> of bandwidth to record uncompressed 1080 (on the order of 200MB/s)
> should you want to. Apples XRaid is quite nice for that.

#96203
Feb 14, 2007 at 12:26pm

Quote: Exo wrote on Mon, 12 February 2007 04:56
—————————————————-
> hi,
>
> When my videos are in loop, there is always one click in my audio? what should it be? I worked with Final Cut Pro to create perfect audio loop and the click is not there, neither in the quicktime player… I can’t figure out why with jitter the click is always coming back.
> any suggestion…
>
> attached is my patcher
>
> Many thanks,
>
>
—————————————————-

Hi Exo, to get serious about audio you’ll have to use MSP. So load you movie in a jit.qt.movie, set vol to 0, import the movie to buffer~, then sync the two.

Cheers,
Mattijs

#96204

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.