Forums > MaxMSP

Lost/ How to deal with nurbs, mesh, texture & slab

May 3, 2012 | 10:11 am

Hi all,

(be careful i’m french)

I’m a bit lost.
My aim is the following : be able to deform a texture like in jitterbook 2 (Recipies 18 : Manipulator), and to "encapsulate" it in a cornerpin deformation.

I’ve already done the cornerpin distortion with mesh object
I’ve already done the nurbs control distortion with nurbs objet.

But i’ve some trouble to link nurbs to cornerpin.
When i link the nurbs to the mesh, cornerpin (done with mesh) doesn’t work, and only nurbs distortion work.

My patch is very, very big, so it’s a little bit hard to post here.

I ve also tried to do this with the new jit.gl.cornerpin & nodes, it’s "working" but very strangly : image flip, inverted, and it’s really falls down fps.

Btw, i can’t understand this thing :
QT objet > Slab (effect) > Nurbs > Texture = no movie output
When i delete nurbs objet = movie output
(with output matrix activate)
What kind of matrix is outputting nurbs ?

How can i distort the movie with nurbs, before sending it via jit.gl.texture ?

Any help would be très apprécié !
Merci

May 3, 2012 | 4:08 pm

Ok,
I made a patch with the problem :

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

And the thread must be in the jitter forum…

Any ideas?

Thanks

May 10, 2012 | 11:15 pm

Any help ?

May 10, 2012 | 11:29 pm

hello. if all you are trying to do is cornerpin on a texture, your best be is the jit.gl.cornerpin object.
make sure you have updated to the recently released 6.0.5, as there was some fixes to this object in that release.

here’s how you can capture geometry to a texture, and perform corner-pinning.

May 22, 2012 | 1:29 pm

Hi Robert and thanks for your answers.

My problem is that jit.gl.cornerpin is not a 3D objet, and i need to perform scale, rotation and cornerpin. That why i usually use mesh objet.

I there a way to connect nurbs to mesh objet, and preserve cornerpin works doing with the mesh object ?

Thx

May 22, 2012 | 5:59 pm

can you perform the scaling and rotation on the nurbs geometry before capturing it to texture and performing the corner-pinning?

May 22, 2012 | 7:39 pm

it is not the same.

My patch use up 32 layer with cornerpin (perform by mesh, in a poly abstraction).
Actually, the jit.gl.cornerpin objet seem to be designed to perfom a final keystone mapping.
My aim is to perform keystone for x number of layer.

So perform rota and scale in nurbs dont "fit" with the cornerpin deformation. i mean that scaling a texture with nurb will reduce texture but not cornerpin, and that s not very useful i my case.

I think that a scale attribute for jit.gl.cornerpin objet would be a great option :)

May 22, 2012 | 9:33 pm

yeah, it sounds like the gl.cornerpin object is not the right tool for you, and your best bet is to stick with gl.mesh.

May 23, 2012 | 10:28 am

Ok.

So, is it possible to deal with mesh and nurbs to perform image distortion AND cornerpin ?

May 23, 2012 | 1:37 pm

Is this what you are after? You should be able to replace the jit.gl.cornerpin with your mesh bit easy enough:

May 23, 2012 | 1:38 pm

Yeah, here you go:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)