Forums > Max For Live

M4L failing on Windows 7 x64

March 13, 2013 | 6:36 pm

Hi,

I have a 9.0.1 suite installed and the latest Max4Live. When I try to edit a M4L device, the front of it goes translucent white, and after a while I get the Max message window appearing – no patcher. After this, there’s no sound from the Max devices, and Live is very unstable.

The following appears in the debug view (I read this could be used in another post)

[3084] Max: starting db update (schema version 6.1.0)
[3084] startup call: translation_getpreferredlanguage
[3084] code: en, name English
[3084] startup call: eventreporter_init
[3084] startup call: eventcontext_end
[3084] Max: unable to open FilesCycling
[3084] Max: unable to open 74Max
[3084] Max: unable to open 6.1Max.exe
[3084] Max: unable to open /nopaw
[3084] Max: unable to open /sms
[3084] Max: unable to open mfl64_610

Which suggests that something is amiss in Live – it seems to be passing an unquoted file path, or similar (MAX is installed under the default c:Program FilesCycling ’74Max 6.1… etc

I have raised a ticket with Ableton but wondered if I may get a better answer here – Max standalone (in demo mode) works fine, and doesn’t display these errors.

Thanks.

March 13, 2013 | 8:26 pm

Yeah, Ableton support is the right place to head with this one.

I’d try uninstalling and reinstalling Live too, for fun

Cheers

-A

March 18, 2013 | 9:17 pm

Just a quick reply to note that it seems to be my sound card: Asus Xonar Essence STX under ASIO.

It works fine in Live, and fine in Max, but causes no end of problems as soon as I try to edit a Max4Live device. Switching Live back to MME (or I presume any other audio device – haven’t had a chance to test yet) solves the problem.

I’ve now upgraded to Windows 8 x64, and the behaviour is exactly the same, but at least I can use M4L now *happy*.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)