First apologies if this is a noob question or if it has been answered before – I did do some searching prior to posting but it’s quite possible I missed something. I have spent some time with pd and am very excited to get into Max now that I have Live 9 and M4L. Unfortunately I am getting some performance hits, even just experimenting with the factory patches.
Biggest offenders so far seem to be LFO and Buffer Shuffler. I get random CPU spikes, constant slight (and sometimes not so slight) tempo irregularities and audio glitching. When I turn off the M4L device, set goes back to smooth as butter. I am running very few tracks and instruments, just playing around, really.
I am on Live 9.0.1, Max 6.1 (M4L only), Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Soundcard is a Focusrite Saffire USB 6, ASIO drivers. Buffer size doesn’t seem to matter
AMD Phenom II X4 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74