Forums > Max For Live

m4l sequence order different when open vs closed

November 29, 2013 | 8:12 pm

Hi,

Im sending a new id to a live.remote and changing the value just before and after. However, there are some seriously weird things happening.

1) If I set the ID and value quite quickly, the parameter that the id was previously attached to becomes stuck. In this case im switching "device on" parameter. I dont understand this, because live.remote is no longer controlling this parameter, so how could it become stuck on?

2) Also, when I insert "del 200" to organise the order of events, this works perfectly well, until I close the patch. As soon as the patch goes out of edit mode, the sequence doesnt behave the same as when editing.

Anyone have any idea why these things might be happening. Its near on impossible to try and debug this sort of thing.

November 30, 2013 | 1:02 pm

It seems that timing, sequencing and order of events is very different for a patch that is being edited, vs a patch thats closed. It appears that a closed patch is slightly slower than a patch that’s being edited.

This is a really bad problem to be honest. It has taken me countless hours to solve these kinds of problems.

Someone please prove me wrong?

November 30, 2013 | 2:41 pm

We can help you find out what’s wrong, but it normally involves you showing us your patch.

remember, we have no horse in this race, and we have nothing to gain by proving you wrong, and you wouldn’t be any closer to solving your problem, right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)