Forums > MaxMSP

MainStage with Max

June 7, 2014 | 10:06 am

Hy

I would like to put in rewire mainstage with max.
I want create an routing audio from MainStage to Max.
I tried to use the rewire~ object but but he does not see mainstage.

can someone help me? Please.

Thank’s

June 8, 2014 | 2:02 am

MainStage can only run as rewire master.
So you could route audio from Max to MainStage but not the opposite.

June 8, 2014 | 8:18 am

OK Thank’s Brok

To do this I have to use the rewire object or ad_rewire on the DSP audio?

Because with ad_rewire i have a problem: in the max window there is "ad_rewire: error starting audio. Is ReWire mixer running?"

Why?

June 8, 2014 | 12:17 pm

Open the "mixer" application (in your case MainStage) before opening the "synth" application (in your case Max). You presumably got the error message you did because there was no ReWire-capable "mixer" application running at the time.

June 8, 2014 | 5:25 pm

I have already tried but it’s the same there is "ad_rewire: error starting audio. Is ReWire mixer running?"!!!

It’s the same with ableton or DP!!!

June 9, 2014 | 9:38 am

It works for me (Max 6.1.7, MainStage 3.0.3, OS X 10.8.5), but there are some conditions that can cause the error message you’re getting, so…

Make sure that, before you even open Max, you:
1) open MainStage,
2) in the MainStage Preferences… in the Audio tab, ensure that Enable ReWire Host Support is checked,
3) create an External Instrument track, and select Max – RW:Max 6 1/2 as the input
4) in the Finder, select the Max application, choose Get Info… from the File menu, and ensure that Open in 32-bit Mode is NOT checked.

Now, open Max, look in the Audio Status… window, and choose ad_rewire as the Driver. N.B.: If ad_rewire is already the selected Driver, try choosing another Driver such as Core Audio, then re-select ad_rewire.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)