Forums > MaxMSP

making an encryption, decryption key in max

November 27, 2010 | 10:55 pm

Hello
I write a journal in apple textedit, and I was hoping to create a simple homemade encryption/decryption key for it using max.
It’s not terribly sensitive, I don’t need military grade encryption but I thought it would fun to play with.
Ideally I’d like to make a patch that takes my .rtf file, scrambles it, saves it as an unopenable corrupted file, then imports it, and puts the data back in the right place.

I see that I can use the filein object to read my rtf file as binary data. Is there any way I could re export that binary data and change the file extension to rtf to have a readable rtf file thats identical to my original? If this were possible, I could scramble and unscramble the binary data to do my encryption

I’ve tried putting the binary data into a very long itable then saving from that, but that doesnt seem to work

thanks very much!

MIB
November 28, 2010 | 1:37 am

I think this came from the tutorials originally… can’t remember. Hope this is helpful.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 28, 2010 | 9:21 am

thats what exactly what I’d like to end up with, but I’d like for it to preserve all my rich text features like underlines and bolded tex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)