Forums > MaxMSP

making patches for diferent screen resolutions

November 6, 2006 | 11:27 pm

hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about making patches / applications for different screen resolutions? I guess its possible to have the user select their screen resolution and that would active the appropriate patch, but is there a way to configure the placement of objects via a percentage of the full resolution?
Out of curiousity too, what screen resolutions do you work in?
thanks
tom

November 7, 2006 | 4:18 am

> Out of curiousity too, what screen resolutions do you work in?

1680×1050 here on a 15.4" laptop, and I wish I could find a display like
this on its own. Two arranged vertically would be perfect for me.

November 7, 2006 | 3:27 pm

Quote: Tom Haig wrote on Tue, 07 November 2006 00:27
—————————————————-
> hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about making patches / applications for different screen resolutions? I guess its possible to have the user select their screen resolution and that would active the appropriate patch, but is there a way to configure the placement of objects via a percentage of the full resolution?

Do you mean max objects? Or opengl objects?

> Out of curiousity too, what screen resolutions do you work in?

320×240 to 3840×1024 (3 beamers)

> thanks
> tom
—————————————————-

November 7, 2006 | 7:13 pm

I really mean user tinterface objects (and bpatchers) so that the user interface could possibly be spread accross the whole screen.
I use a resolution of 1280 x 800 (widescreen macbook), with it usually connected to an external monitor outputting 1280 1024 too.

VG
November 7, 2006 | 7:47 pm

November 8, 2006 | 9:48 am

This’ll be a real pain to create. I suppose you want different font sizes too? Forget it. Just make a patch. If someone has an antiquated monitor compared to yours you shoudlnt cater to them.

November 16, 2006 | 7:07 am

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)