Forums > MaxMSP

Making standalone application 2

April 26, 2009 | 8:23 pm

How can I build an .app without the max window, and DSP status menu ? I make an appication for a friend which have another hardware (TC electronics) and I can’t make it sounds

MacBook, OSX 10.5, Max 5

Thanx

MIB
April 26, 2009 | 8:28 pm

include the [standalone] object in your patch, go to the inspector and deselect the appropriate selections, I think.

April 26, 2009 | 8:49 pm

I’ ve tried to find something about (DSP status)in the inspector of [standalone] and in the patcher inspector menu. I’ve chosen to enable "max 4 preference" and I got :

Making standalone application

No midi driver folder or default driver
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_coreaudio.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.1.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_coreaudio.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_nonreal.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.1.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_nonreal.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_rewire.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.1.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_rewire.mxo

I don’t have DSP Status menu (Is it possible ?) or another way to parameters several hardware

The max window is still there !

April 26, 2009 | 10:59 pm

I’ve found the solution with the DSP status on the folling topic :
Re: how do I include DSP status in a standalone? [message #171474

I will try with others hardware…

April 27, 2009 | 12:04 am

the open message on dac~ opens the dsp status window but this windows is empty of objects ! So I use "dsp_status" from "interface" in my patch and the app works, but I still have those warnings. Where can I find more about [standalone] and the patcher inspector ?

Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_coreaudio.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.2.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_coreaudio.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_nonreal.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.2.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_nonreal.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_rewire.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.2.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_rewire.mxo

April 27, 2009 | 7:24 am

Add an instance of the DSP status patcher in your patch: ["DSP status"] Don’t forget the quotes!

An open message to an [adc~] or [dac~] should then open the DSP status window.

p

April 27, 2009 | 12:22 pm

that’s exactly what i’ve done :

- make a copy of DSP_status in my project folder (without the quotes but it seems to work however), I will test to see the difference.You can give me advices, of course.

- add a dac~ and an open message

- configure the inspectors (for [standalone] and patcher inspector)

I’ve disabled the search patch option, and now I have no error in the max window.

but I have to test it on other hardware

If someone can tell me how to disable the max window in a .app, it would be great

April 27, 2009 | 7:30 pm

Thank you Patrick,

I’ve tested my .app and it works with TC Hardware. Your way is the good one.

still looking for disable max window in my .app

April 27, 2009 | 7:49 pm

In an application the max window is called the status window, this should be one of the options you can de-select in the [standalone] inspector.

lh

April 27, 2009 | 8:07 pm

Thanx,

It begins to look like a real application !

How can I put a fpic in the "application > about max" menu ?

More, is it possible to rename menus in general ?

MIB
April 27, 2009 | 8:10 pm

Wink [menubar]

April 29, 2009 | 9:20 am

To change the splash screen, use the "appsplash" command in the script.
You can set the Icon by using the "appicon" command, but there are other ways, depending on your platform.

p

April 29, 2009 | 8:40 pm

I’ve simply never made a script !
And I don’t know anything about this topic.

Can you send me one, then I will see how it is made ?

Thanx,

Jérôme

April 29, 2009 | 9:51 pm

just a note, appsplash is not supported in Max 5 at this time. Search the forums for alternate methods:

http://tinyurl.com/cwkzw9

-Ben

April 30, 2009 | 6:45 am
ben@cycling74.com wrote on Wed, 29 April 2009 23:51
just a note, appsplash is not supported in Max 5 at this time.

Oooppps, sorry, I forgot about that!
Thanks Ben for monitoring everything on this forum.

p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)