Making standalone application 2

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:23pm

Making standalone application 2

How can I build an .app without the max window, and DSP status menu ? I make an appication for a friend which have another hardware (TC electronics) and I can’t make it sounds

MacBook, OSX 10.5, Max 5

Thanx

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:28pm

include the [standalone] object in your patch, go to the inspector and deselect the appropriate selections, I think.

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:49pm

I’ ve tried to find something about (DSP status)in the inspector of [standalone] and in the patcher inspector menu. I’ve chosen to enable “max 4 preference” and I got :

Making standalone application

No midi driver folder or default driver
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_coreaudio.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.1.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_coreaudio.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_nonreal.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.1.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_nonreal.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_rewire.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.1.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_rewire.mxo

I don’t have DSP Status menu (Is it possible ?) or another way to parameters several hardware

The max window is still there !

Apr 26, 2009 at 10:59pm

I’ve found the solution with the DSP status on the folling topic :
Re: how do I include DSP status in a standalone? [message #171474

I will try with others hardware…

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:04am

the open message on dac~ opens the dsp status window but this windows is empty of objects ! So I use “dsp_status” from “interface” in my patch and the app works, but I still have those warnings. Where can I find more about [standalone] and the patcher inspector ?

Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_coreaudio.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.2.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_coreaudio.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_nonreal.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.2.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_nonreal.mxo
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name ad_rewire.mxo
using this file: Disk:/Users/Lotus/Desktop/Meta-Engine 0.2.2.app/Contents/support/ad/ad_rewire.mxo

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:24am

Add an instance of the DSP status patcher in your patch: ["DSP status"] Don’t forget the quotes!

An open message to an [adc~] or [dac~] should then open the DSP status window.

p

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:22pm

that’s exactly what i’ve done :

- make a copy of DSP_status in my project folder (without the quotes but it seems to work however), I will test to see the difference.You can give me advices, of course.

- add a dac~ and an open message

- configure the inspectors (for [standalone] and patcher inspector)

I’ve disabled the search patch option, and now I have no error in the max window.

but I have to test it on other hardware

If someone can tell me how to disable the max window in a .app, it would be great

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:30pm

Thank you Patrick,

I’ve tested my .app and it works with TC Hardware. Your way is the good one.

still looking for disable max window in my .app

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:49pm

In an application the max window is called the status window, this should be one of the options you can de-select in the [standalone] inspector.

lh

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:07pm

Thanx,

It begins to look like a real application !

How can I put a fpic in the “application > about max” menu ?

More, is it possible to rename menus in general ?

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:10pm

Wink [menubar]

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:20am

To change the splash screen, use the “appsplash” command in the script.
You can set the Icon by using the “appicon” command, but there are other ways, depending on your platform.

p

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:40pm

I’ve simply never made a script !
And I don’t know anything about this topic.

Can you send me one, then I will see how it is made ?

Thanx,

Jérôme

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:51pm

just a note, appsplash is not supported in Max 5 at this time. Search the forums for alternate methods:

http://tinyurl.com/cwkzw9

-Ben

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:45am
ben@cycling74.com wrote on Wed, 29 April 2009 23:51
just a note, appsplash is not supported in Max 5 at this time.

Oooppps, sorry, I forgot about that!
Thanks Ben for monitoring everything on this forum.

p

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.