Forums > MaxMSP

Managing Presentation mode window size

April 29, 2008 | 9:08 pm

I usually want a fairly tight size for a patch in Presentation mode,
but a big window during patching. Changing between these two sizes
gets tedious. Cycling ’74 use a cool technique in some of the Extras
to manage various attributes of window size and modes. I adapted this
for use with normal patchers:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com



kjg
April 29, 2008 | 9:24 pm

Quote: Chris Muir wrote on Tue, 29 April 2008 23:08
—————————————————-
>
> I usually want a fairly tight size for a patch in Presentation mode,
> but a big window during patching. Changing between these two sizes
> gets tedious. Cycling ’74 use a cool technique in some of the Extras
> to manage various attributes of window size and modes. I adapted this
> for use with normal patchers:
>

Thank you Chris. Very useful.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use different color sets for edit and presentation mode. For example use the default max5 colors in edit mode, but a different set with dark background and brightly colored interface objects for the presentation mode.

I know patcher background can be set to a different color and individual objects can be customized, but wouldn’t it be nice to be able to define two different sets of colors in Object defaults?

regards,
kjg


April 29, 2008 | 9:49 pm

On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Klaas-Jan Govaart wrote:
> Thank you Chris. Very useful.

Good to hear.

> I was wondering if it would be possible to use different color sets
> for edit and presentation mode.

Not that I know of right now. Maybe with a future Max.

I would also like to be able to tell if a patcher window is in
presentation mode, so I can set the toggle appropriately.

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com


April 29, 2008 | 11:49 pm

Thanks Chris. This is exactly what I was looking for. I adapted the code to use keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking on a toggle. The shortcuts are "option + p" to toggle between presentation and edit mode and "option + s" to set the current window size. Thanks for the patch.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 30, 2008 | 1:14 am

Did i overlook something or is the way max 5 patches posted are totally different. Regardless, i can’t open these patches like i used to back in the day of 4.6
-chuck

—– Original Message —-
From: Chris Muir
To: MaxMSP
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:08:27 PM
Subject: [maxmsp] Managing Presentation mode window size

I usually want a fairly tight size for a patch in Presentation mode,
but a big window during patching. Changing between these two sizes
gets tedious. Cycling ’74 use a cool technique in some of the Extras
to manage various attributes of window size and modes. I adapted this
for use with normal patchers:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ


April 30, 2008 | 2:29 am

On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Chubb wrote:
> Did i overlook something or is the way max 5 patches posted are
> totally different. Regardless, i can’t open these patches like i
> used to back in the day of 4.6
>

Max 5.0.1 added support for a new compressed clipboard style. There is
now a "Copy Compressed" command in the edit menu which puts the
compressed representation onto the clipboard. New from Clipboard knows
how to deal with the compressed format.

-C

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com


April 30, 2008 | 5:09 am

Quote: Chris Muir wrote on Tue, 29 April 2008 22:29
—————————————————-
>
> On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Chubb wrote:
> > Did i overlook something or is the way max 5 patches posted are
> > totally different. Regardless, i can’t open these patches like i
> > used to back in the day of 4.6
> >
>
> Max 5.0.1 added support for a new compressed clipboard style. There is
> now a "Copy Compressed" command in the edit menu which puts the
> compressed representation onto the clipboard. New from Clipboard knows
> how to deal with the compressed format.
>
> -C
>
> Chris Muir
> cbm@well.com
> http://www.xfade.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
—————————————————-

Good patch, thanks!


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)