Matrix Output from jit.window to jit.qt.record

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:46pm

Matrix Output from jit.window to jit.qt.record

Hi! I just started using Jitter and I want to record the Visuals I’m rendering in my jot.window!

The closest I’ve come to figure it out was by using jit.qt.record but I could only get matrix to in by using a jit.pwindow, since it has a Matrix Out Cord.

The problem is that the rendering visuals is not in the jit.pwindow, they’re in the jit.window, but the jit.window does not have a Matrix Out Cord.

How shall I solve this?

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:54pm

Google “syphon recorder”. HD recordings, as many fps as your system can go, Max msp modules already made to send your video over,and its free. Mac only though !

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:30am

I’m assuming this is with GL rendered visuals? [jit.gl.asyncread] is 1 way to get a matrix for recording.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:37am

Andro, I guess it’s an external program? I’ll check it out, but I was thinking about a function inside Max! Thanks anyways!

DTR, Yes, it’s GL rendered visuals! Thank you! I’ll look into it!

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:45am

The advantage of an external app like Syphon recorder is that it’s likely a lot more efficient, ie. will not cause fps degradation or stuttering. Syphon is unique in that it passes your rendered output right there on the graphics card. Double efficient.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:47pm

The jit.gl.asyncread function worked fine! Thank you very much, but I will as you both suggest, look into Syphon too!

Is there perhaps any way to record the audio along with the visuals? I’m aware that the audio itself is not a part of the Matrix, should I thereby post another topic about this matter?

Thanks again!

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:15am

Install soundflower, then use syphon recorder (which records audio as well) and select soundflower as audio input.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.