MatrixCtrl data to Javascript

Sep 23, 2011 at 12:05pm

MatrixCtrl data to Javascript

Hi there,

I’m working on a CA patch for a uni project and I’m trying to figure out how to get the list data from Matrixctrl into Javascript in order to transform each active point into a bang. I’m trying to get to grips with Javascript asap at the moment. I think I need to create Arrays and then a list of if statements perhaps? What I’m not entirely sure how to do is get the data into the js object to input into matrices. Am I on the right track?

Thanks,

G.D.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:39pm

Actually I’ve found a lot of useful information in the javascript examples section. Working on it!

G.D.

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:47pm

Well look, here it is – does anybody actually know if it’s at all possible to simultaneously bang the output from a matrixctrl, then store and sort the cell values in javascript in order to send individual bangs/events out of the javascript object?

It’s a question, the answer to which I just cannot find, nor do I have the programming capacity to come up with the code if it is possible. I can only get individual cells to do anything, such as a simple print to the Max window function when I click on a cell.

Thanks.

G.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:56pm

What do you mean by “transform each active point in to a bang”? I’m not really sure what you’re asking for. Could you post a patch that might help me see what you intend. Or even a few examples of what you’d send the javascript object and what you want it to output.

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:11pm

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve got a CA patch that works (I got it from here somewhere) and I can output the matrixctrl data into a matrix~ object but this seems like a waste to me. I’m trying to figure out how to let each live cell trigger its own event, be it a bang or a frequency or whatever. I’m looking for ways to map really,other than operating a multi gate like the matrix~ object. I thought if I used javascript I could do things like if 0,0 has value 1 then do this, if 0,1 has value 1 etc.. So for each iteration each cell is checked for on/off. Have been checking out bits of code from the forum (probably some of yours too) and all do different things but not that.

I’ll upload stuff later, gotta run

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:50pm

Here’s a sample patch. I’ve not included a js file because it just wasn’t happening.

Graham

Attachments:
  1. c.a.Example.maxpat
Sep 29, 2011 at 6:20pm

Here’s another with a visual example of the intended javascript function.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:23pm

Something like this which numbers the cells left to right and top to bottom?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Sep 30, 2011 at 9:50am

Hmm..yes..exactly that. And the same procedure could be applied to the jit.iter object using zl join. Very clever!

As a matter of interest, do you think there’s a js solution?

Many thanks, I’ve been stuck on that problem for a little while now.

G.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:05pm

Disclaimer: not tested, but should at least give you some clues.

`outlets = 16;

function list (x, y, state) {
if (state) {
outlet(y*4+x,”bang”);
}
}

You could even set the dimensions that the js will work with using arguments.

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:27pm

Brilliant!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.