Matrox quad output cards + Jitter = ?

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:59pm

Matrox quad output cards + Jitter = ?

Hi
wanted to know if anyone has experience using Jitter with Matrox’s quad output graphics cards- are they any good GL-wise? They seem a very cost-effective solution for multiple projection output, but their specs have completely no GPU info.

-nadav

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:09pm

without knowing or hearing much about these cards, all i can say is that if opengl performance is something you are striving for, you really only have two brands of gpu you should be looking at, ATI and NVIDIA.

an 8800GT with a matrox digital triple-head-to-go is a great, low-cost solution for quad output.

-rob

Mar 13, 2009 at 10:25am
robtherich wrote on Fri, 06 March 2009 20:09

an 8800GT with a matrox digital triple-head-to-go is a great, low-cost solution for quad output.

-rob

i second that. btw, did anyone try to hook up 2 triple-head-2-go’s to a dual output card? theoretically that gives a whopping 6 displays…

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:03am

Haven´t tray it , but I think it is not possible to hook to Matrox cards on one comp, because of the drivers.

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:03pm

those internal matrox card are aimed for specific markets, mainly stock brokers with many displays (talk about a shrinking market…) they are bad gpu performers.
about connecting two rtipleHeadTogo, theoretically there is no problem as there is no driver needed for it, its not a graphic card, just a spliter. as such its completely transparent to the computer. you just need a good graphic card that can support that many pixels.
BUT in their FAQ matrox warns this “hasn’t been tested”.. come on…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.