Max 4.6 with Processing on an Intel Mac

Dec 14, 2006 at 11:01pm

Max 4.6 with Processing on an Intel Mac

Hello

Has anyone had any luck using Max 4.6 (or 4.5) + Processing + Maxlink on an Intel Mac?

I’ve used it for a while on an old PowerBook, with 4.5, but don’t seem to be having much luck with it on this new machine. Can anyone out there confirm that they’ve got it working – or that I’m flogging a dead horse. Either way, I’d be really grateful for any advice.

Also: Anyone run a project for a long period using Processing and MaxMsp together on the same machine? I’ve been tempted to use the two together in an exhibition but I’m concerned about the stability of such a system, over a long period. I won’t be on hand to reboot.

Yours optimistically

Sarah

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:07am

> Also: Anyone run a project for a long period using Processing and MaxMsp together on the same machine? I’ve been tempted to use the two together in an exhibition but I’m concerned about the stability of such a system, over a long period. I won’t be on hand to reboot.

Never on a Macintel, but I have been considerably successful with Processing + Max/MSP on a Mac (meaning hours of consecutive use while developing and debugging on both sides as well as standard use), but using OSC instead of Maxlink. (osc5 on processing, standard Max 4.6 net objects + OSC objects from CNMAT). Launching processing from within Max has been terribly faulty for me, as maxlink’s author warns anyway. Not an exact answer to your main question, but I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Rui

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:58am

I took this long to figure out why did your name sound so familiar… are you still doing infrasound-related research? ;)

Best regards,

Rui

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:35am

Thanks for the advice. I think I’ll leave Maxlink for a while and try OSC instead. And yes, I am the person with the infrasonic obsession. I do still get out our big pipe now and then and give people a blast with it.

More recently, I’ve been playing around in the UK National Physical Laboratory’s lovely new reverb chamber.

Thanks again

Sarah

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.