Forums > MaxMSP

Max 4 and 5 on the same machine?

May 12, 2010 | 12:07 pm

I was working on a project when I bought my new machine and max 5. The old project is using an external which isnt updated for max 5. (http://tirl.org/software/colorblobs/).
Is it possible to install a ful version of Max 4 on the same machine as max 5 without confusing and degrading the performance of the two versions?

May 12, 2010 | 12:19 pm

yes it will work fine, im running max 4.6 and 5 on my macbook ok. you’ll probably just have to request a serial key from c74, though theyre very accomodating with stuff like this and will likely just give you one.

May 12, 2010 | 1:24 pm

In max 4 all the externals was put in a folder called Cycling74 which ended up in HD/Library/Applictions Support. This could be a mess if max 5 does the same, but it seems that it makes the cycling74 folder inside its owm application folder

MJ
May 12, 2010 | 2:15 pm

for a musuem installation we made a max4 patch for the video and a max 5 patch for the audio
they are communicating to each other by midi, both are running at the same time on a macpro for almost a year now . (they have to do that until ±2014)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)