A new version of the Max SDK is now available @ http://cycling74.com/download/MaxSDK-5.0.8.zip
great, thanks a lot…
Are there any major improvements or changes in this version
of the SDK?
Apart from the general updates, fixes, more thorough documentation of functions, etc. here are some highlights:
- PDF format documentation included
- Search entry in the HTML documentation (only searches data types, however)
- fix for symlink flattening in Mac Framework distribution
- added information about creating icons for ui objects
- new appendix to the SDK listing messages to objects and their prototypes
- added ext_quickmap.h
- new ‘windowwatcher’ project to demonstrate how to attach to patcherview to find out about window resizing and scrollbar movement
- new ‘collect’ project demonstrates use of the C++ STL in an external
- new ‘dspstress~’ project uses up the amount of CPU you tell it to use to create a high-processor-load testing environment
HUUUGE thanks for the updated SDK documentation – been working with the 5.0.6 SDK for a while and the 5.0.8 SDK seems to contain all the info in one document. "Manual-esque" layout in PDF format and more code examples are really helpful. Much Appreciated, s. lexus.
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74