Forums > MaxMSP

Max 5 and Attributes

November 1, 2007 | 4:51 am

Let me be the first to say that the features discussed in the latest article look fantastic! The attribute freezing and extended quick reference menu are without a doubt essential updates.

It really looks like you guys put a lot of thought into what needs to be improved in the next version. I for one am now very excited.

November 1, 2007 | 11:20 am

didn’t see the rounded_corners_off attribute in there.. ;)

(sorry!)

November 2, 2007 | 5:47 pm

Those are fantastic. Having a Hint attribute you can simply add in the Inspector is great, and the "freezing" will be very handy. Also I noticed new attributes in the list: patcher_position, presentation_position, and size, etc. I’m assuming this means messages can be sent to the objects themselves that ordinarily needed to be sent to thispatcher, to change position, size, etc. Very cool.

Seeing a colorized and semitransparent toggle — seemingly so basic, but so needed — also makes me super happy!!

–CJ

November 2, 2007 | 6:17 pm

> Let me be the first to say that the features discussed in the latest article look fantastic! The attribute freezing and extended quick reference menu are without a doubt essential updates.
>
> It really looks like you guys put a lot of thought into what needs to be improved in the next version. I for one am now very excited.

I’m glad to chime in as well. The new features look great, and I’m
very excited about Max 5, rounded corners and all.

Keith

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)