Max 5 Comment request

Apr 26, 2008 at 11:16pm

Max 5 Comment request

More on consistency…

Alignment for comment boxes, just as in umenu?

#37285
Apr 27, 2008 at 8:05pm

(to explain why…)

Using grid mode (great addition!) aligns the object to the left; it would be nice to have several comments right aligned if they are on the left side of, say, a umenu.

#128769
Apr 27, 2008 at 9:09pm

What about auto-resize. I think the comment boxes should auto-resize when it’s just one word. I hate having to do it manually.

#128770
Apr 28, 2008 at 6:47pm

marcos schrieb:
> What about auto-resize. I think the comment boxes should auto-resize
> when it’s just one word. I hate having to do it manually.

Its called autofix width and had been around for longer than you are
patching probably… (Options menu)
It used to be the default setting for pre Max 5, I don’t like it at all,
can’t say if the default has changed or if I switched it off…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#128771
Apr 28, 2008 at 8:49pm

On Apr 28, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> marcos schrieb:
>> What about auto-resize. I think the comment boxes should auto-resize
>> when it’s just one word. I hate having to do it manually.
>
> Its called autofix width and had been around for longer than you are
> patching probably… (Options menu)
> It used to be the default setting for pre Max 5, I don’t like it at
> all, can’t say if the default has changed or if I switched it off…

Actually, comments don’t resize automatically, even if Auto Fix Width
is on. They can be resized with Fix Width, though (Cmd-J)

-C

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com

#128772
Apr 29, 2008 at 2:39am

Quote: Chris Muir wrote on Mon, 28 April 2008 14:49
—————————————————-
>
> On Apr 28, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> > marcos schrieb:
> >> What about auto-resize. I think the comment boxes should auto-resize
> >> when it’s just one word. I hate having to do it manually.
> >
> > Its called autofix width and had been around for longer than you are
> > patching probably… (Options menu)
> > It used to be the default setting for pre Max 5, I don’t like it at
> > all, can’t say if the default has changed or if I switched it off…
>
>
> Actually, comments don’t resize automatically, even if Auto Fix Width
> is on. They can be resized with Fix Width, though (Cmd-J)
>
> -C
>
> Chris Muir
> cbm@well.com
> http://www.xfade.com
>
—————————————————-

Is there a reason for this? It always bugged me…

#128773
Apr 29, 2008 at 3:13am

Quote: Stefan Tiedje wrote on Mon, 28 April 2008 14:47
—————————————————-
> marcos schrieb:
> > What about auto-resize. I think the comment boxes should auto-resize
> > when it’s just one word. I hate having to do it manually.
>
> Its called autofix width and had been around for longer than you are
> patching probably… (Options menu)
> It used to be the default setting for pre Max 5, I don’t like it at all,
> can’t say if the default has changed or if I switched it off…
>
> Stefan
>
> —
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>
>
>
—————————————————-

wrongo! :D

See Chris’s comment. Didn’t know about command-J I will try it later.

#128774
Apr 29, 2008 at 3:16am

On Apr 28, 2008, at 7:39 PM, matt wrote:
> Is there a reason for this? It always bugged me…

There probably is. FWIW, I’ve been using it like this for so lon, it
seems normal to me.

-C

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com

#128775
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:01pm

Chris Muir schrieb:
> Actually, comments don’t resize automatically, even if Auto Fix Width is
> on. They can be resized with Fix Width, though (Cmd-J)

On my setup they do…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#128776
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:05pm

matt schrieb:
> Is there a reason for this? It always bugged me…

Ignore my last post, I was on message boxes… (too little sleep…)

On comments it didn’t matter to much in Max 4, as only the text was
visible, now of course it doesn’t make sense, as we can change the
background color… Maybe it had been overlooked and can be changed to
auto fix as well…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#128777
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:07pm

You sure about that?
Messages do, but comments don’t, on my machine. I’ve had auto fix on ever since i started max, and I can’t recall it ever being different.

#128778
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:08pm

Strange. If I open a new patcher, then a new comment and just type “hi”, the comment box is still 10 times bigger than the length of “hi”. It only shrinks down to size when I do ctrl-J.

#128779
Apr 30, 2008 at 2:47pm

#128780
Jun 30, 2008 at 12:20pm

#128781
Apr 19, 2011 at 9:10pm

Any word on Text Alignment control in a comment box?

#128782

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.