Forums > MaxMSP

Max 5 File Loading Issues – PLUS MORE!!!

May 13, 2008 | 11:40 pm

So i have this wonderful patch that ive been building for two years now, Starting back in 4.5…
Now that ive gotten on the 5 bandwagon, Ive been experiencing a really haenous issue that im hoping can be fixed.

I opened my old patch in max5, made changes, then saved it – no biggie.

When i re-opened the patch, i got this error:
//

error parsing patcher file FYM.maxpat
parsing string, possible missing quote: line=3210, char=28, text=’…{ "maxclass" : "toggle", "varname" : "’

//

i also saved a version with no changes – same issue – but sees the error on different line number by about 22 lines.

Ive opened the file as text (very handy BTW) – but dont see the issue that it claims to be having. Also would be very helpful to have a line number readout or EVEN a "GOTO" line number thingamabob…

Also in the process of trying to club this problem with a rock, ive found that I cant seem to copy all the objects from one patch to another. I ‘selected all’, then hit copy – opened a new patcher – then pasted… nothing happened!!!

thanks in advance!

_jf

May 14, 2008 | 12:17 am

Try breaking the patch up in to smaller parts and loading them.

If you can isloate where the problem is and you still can’t figure out what’s going on – email the problem into support.

support at cycling 74 dot com.

Cheers

-A

May 14, 2008 | 12:17 am

On May 14, 2008, at 12:40 AM, dr.light wrote:

> So i have this wonderful patch that ive been building for two years
> now, Starting back in 4.5…
> Now that ive gotten on the 5 bandwagon, Ive been experiencing a
> really haenous issue that im hoping can be fixed.

enjoy soup

already running in a server near you

washing machine for now

a

May 14, 2008 | 11:38 am

I had this problem with a patch. It boiled down to an unprintable character (Ctrl-D) embedded into a comment.

You can take the .maxpat file, open it with a text editor, go to the line number and position indicated in the error message, and delete the gremlin. It’s helpful if you have a text editor with a "Show Invisibles" or similar option.

HtH,
P.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)