Forums > Jitter

Max 5 + Jitter1.7 jit.gl.handle makes GL go poof.

April 23, 2008 | 8:46 am

If I pull up the "jit.gl.gridshape-morph" example, the moment I go to grab the objects using jit.gl.handle, I see a flash of the boundary lines for handle, and then the objects and the handle disappear. This seems to be the case with using handle on any of the examples.
I went back and opened the equivalent example in 4.6 and handle behaves as expected.
Upon further inspection, it does something even stranger. If I start the patch, fullscreen the output, and then use handle == it works. If I now go out of fullscreen and play with handle in the small window it works. However, if I reload the patch and immediately start fooling with the window without using fullscreen first, it makes the object disappear.

This is on Windows XP, the Max5 installer, Graphics drivers that seemed to work fine in 4.6.

April 23, 2008 | 3:39 pm

On Apr 23, 2008, at 1:46 AM, Leo Mayberry wrote:
>
> If I pull up the "jit.gl.gridshape-morph" example, the moment I go
> to grab the objects using jit.gl.handle, I see a flash of the
> boundary lines for handle, and then the objects and the handle
> disappear. This seems to be the case with using handle on any of
> the examples.
> I went back and opened the equivalent example in 4.6 and handle
> behaves as expected.
> Upon further inspection, it does something even stranger. If I
> start the patch, fullscreen the output, and then use handle == it
> works. If I now go out of fullscreen and play with handle in the
> small window it works. However, if I reload the patch and
> immediately start fooling with the window without using fullscreen
> first, it makes the object disappear.

Thanks for the report, Leo. We’ll try to have this fixed shortly.

-Joshua

May 2, 2008 | 2:05 am

I’ve had similar things happen, try changing the radius of the handle. Sometimes it’s overly small (or big?) and the object goes flying off. Not sure if this is the problem in this case, but occasionally this has been a fix for me, as is the reset message for the handle. Also have noticed a difference between using the handle on a shape versus on the scene, which makes sense, but sometimes it seems to behave strangely. (and yes, inherit_transform is set to 1 ;)

handle is so great otherwise though! kudos for having this very intuitive element included.

–CJ

May 2, 2008 | 6:24 am

As far as I can tell, this problem disappeared (was fixed, I assume) in the first 5.01 update. I haven’t been going through as many examples though, so I didn’t want to jump the gun and declare it gone. This was a very noticeable, immediate disappearing act, not the result of dragging or sizing something out of existence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)