Forums > MaxMSP

max 5 new feature videos

October 18, 2007 | 8:58 pm

rectangular ui option vote +1

k


October 18, 2007 | 9:36 pm


October 18, 2007 | 9:47 pm

Quote: pelang wrote on Tue, 09 October 2007 12:21
—————————————————-
> "no-look" …please
—————————————————-

darauf hab ich noch gewartet ;P



f.e
October 21, 2007 | 9:00 am


October 21, 2007 | 6:35 pm

try it out, then compliant.



f.e
October 21, 2007 | 7:45 pm


October 21, 2007 | 8:59 pm

> disastrous ui. I’ll stick to the current version or even move to pd. End
> of the love story. It breaks my heart. If Max wants to change the color
> of its hair, why not. But she wasn’t forced to eat so much burritos.
> Look how fat she is now…

If Max 5 is a woman,
then this song is about her:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4N_pvoSXI

cause she’s an airhead
and while i’m impressed with the size of that iolet
she’s not an intellectual giant


October 21, 2007 | 10:54 pm

Zola,
With that sexist comment, sounds like the Max/Msp community
would be better off without you.
-chuck

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

http://mail.yahoo.com


October 21, 2007 | 11:26 pm

Seriously, you are acting like a twit, and it is impressing no one.
Go troll the PD list for fucks sake.

On Oct 21, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Zola wrote:

> If Max 5 is a woman,
> then this song is about her:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4N_pvoSXI
>
> cause she’s an airhead
> and while i’m impressed with the size of that iolet
> she’s not an intellectual giant
>

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


October 21, 2007 | 11:35 pm

I think he was paraphrasing Thomas Dolby, and not being deliberately
provocative.

jb

Am 22.10.2007 um 00:54 schrieb Chubb:

> Zola,
> With that sexist comment, sounds like the Max/Msp community
> would be better off without you.
> -chuck


October 21, 2007 | 11:39 pm


October 21, 2007 | 11:41 pm

Dude…

Am 22.10.2007 um 01:26 schrieb vade:

> Seriously, you are acting like a twit, and it is impressing no one.
> Go troll the PD list for fucks sake.


October 22, 2007 | 12:26 am

right right, its *my fault* !!!

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=934&private=0[/img]


October 22, 2007 | 4:36 am



f.e
October 22, 2007 | 6:22 am


October 22, 2007 | 6:34 am


October 22, 2007 | 6:42 am

i don’t know man, i’d love to have a discussion about the new interface, but it’s kind of hard seeing as I HAVEN’T USED IT.

i just feel like this is kind of pointless hysteria.
i too was worried that the new version of max would get all slick and bloated, but (after seeing a demo of it) i *really* don’t think that is the case.

but switch to pd, if you feel the need, or stay with 4.5. personally, the reason i use max instead of pd, is for all the helpful things like colors, help files, documentation, and other nifty things that were added in 4.5. certainly not knocking pd, cause it’s great software, but not for me.

so features like zooming, auto-complete, file browser, and presentation mode, are why i pay my max subscription.

but i guess if rounded corners really are the deciding factor…


October 22, 2007 | 9:46 am

for me is max a piece of art, sometimes i think i should do a exhibition with pictures of patches, printed on paper.

falling in love with this ugly boxes


October 22, 2007 | 11:28 am


October 22, 2007 | 1:09 pm

vade schrieb:
> Im sure there are some hidden landmines with this sort of a feature
> though, that would result in hours of lost time debugging only to
> realize, doh, thats the object version from two YEARS ago!

But that’s what it is about. sometimes you want the object version of
two years ago!

I requested the same a long time ago, but thought of it as distribution…

Like building a collective, you just collect all subpatchers and
externals and copy them into a seperate folder outside of the search
path. It could even spit out a warning if you’d try to save it within
the search path…


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


October 22, 2007 | 8:59 pm


October 23, 2007 | 2:48 am

wasn’t there a way in the past, long before i was born, to unpack
collectives? i remember something about that nato-girl everyone’s
always being so mysterious about, not that i have a clue.
anyway, that would be swell…

On Oct 22, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> vade schrieb:
>> Im sure there are some hidden landmines with this sort of a
>> feature though, that would result in hours of lost time debugging
>> only to realize, doh, thats the object version from two YEARS ago!
>
> But that’s what it is about. sometimes you want the object version
> of two years ago!
>
> I requested the same a long time ago, but thought of it as
> distribution…
>
> Like building a collective, you just collect all subpatchers and
> externals and copy them into a seperate folder outside of the
> search path. It could even spit out a warning if you’d try to save
> it within the search path…
>
> —
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>
>


October 23, 2007 | 7:19 am

i.te schrieb:
> max 5 looks horrible. like a apple design.. without personality.

Are you demanding skins? That would make Max look really horrible… ;-)

I appreciate that it is a design after all, even if it isn’t my personal
taste, I appreciate it. I had the same feeling with Live, very different
than the average, but clearly designed. And after all, if you don’t like
to show their corporate design, you can create your own, which you
probably do already, no change for you then…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


October 23, 2007 | 7:51 pm

isjtar schrieb:
> wasn’t there a way in the past, long before i was born, to unpack
> collectives? i remember something about that nato-girl everyone’s always
> being so mysterious about, not that i have a clue.
> anyway, that would be swell…

I think in Max 2.0 it was easily possible. But most people who make
collectives/standalones don’t want them possibly unpacked. The format
has changed and it isn’t published for good reasons…

The nice thing about such a distribution possibility is, that its much
easier to do support. If you fix a bug in a single subpatcher, you don’t
have to send the whole collection, just send the fix…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


October 23, 2007 | 10:52 pm

Zola schrieb:
> I think the new Max is not so good for us guys who wanna be insane
> about our wires. Being insane about wires has defined my Max
> experience.

I also belong to the insane pack, but I am not worried at all, I am much
more excited about the new features.
But I am certain that the pixel exact alignment will still be possible
somehow, I am happy to adapt to the new look and whenever those look
changes happened in my computer life, after a few days the old one
looked so ugly compared to the new one…
(Remember the switch from OS 6 to grayscale?…)

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 175 total)