Max 6.1 beta problems with windows 7

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:37am

Max 6.1 beta problems with windows 7

1. Yes it’s true the loading time is wayyyyy faster..thanx but, first impression;
2. jit.qt.movie doesn’t works at all
3 jit.gl.model the duck example there’s no texture, just the dark 3d form
4 No image or clip (i.e. the crane, the chili works…) can be rendered they don’t load at all

Maybe I am doing something wrong ?

My system is win 7 64
using the latest quicktime player

and yes i am using the max 64 bits

thanx
Ben

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:45am

As mentioned in the announcement and release notes, there are significant issues with Jitter under 64bits.

Please use the 32bit version if you want to use jit.qt.movie or textures under Windows 64bit at this time.

On Macintosh 64bit there is movie playback and image loading into Jitter, but it has much worse performance than 32bit.

We will be making it better, but our focus for initial release has been to support Max for Live. If you are a serious Jitter user, you will probably not want to use the 64bit version for many months.

We might have movie payback and image loading working for next week’s release (using DirectShow internally), but unless you have needs for overcoming RAM limitations, the 32bit version is going to be the one you want to use.

The loading time and other optimizations are not 64 bit specific, so you will see all those improvements in the 32bit version.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues in the 32bit version.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.