Max 6 Beta Forum Topic

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:01pm

Max 6 Beta Forum Topic

For the Max 6 beta, feel free to post discussion to the ‘Beta’ area of the Forums, found here:

http://cycling74.com/forums/forum.php?id=11

If you have a specific bug report, it would be best to directly contact our Support team by filling out the Bug Reporting Form, found here:

http://cycling74.com/max6betabug_form/

The Beta Forum topic can be used for more general conversation, sharing, and more general functionality questions.

Thanks for downloading and checking it out!

-Lilli

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:57pm

Thanks for the beta!

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:21pm

that`s the best birthday gift i got, as yesterday was my thirtieth birthday!
thank you so much!

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:26pm

Wonderful. Did a very quick test: loaded my “Simultaneous Opposites” Max/MSP/Jitter patches constructed in Version 5; the video ran the patches, and the video playback (single-frame jumping around the file) ran 33% faster. THANKS!

Oct 15, 2011 at 9:54pm

[attrui] Makes everything so much easier :)

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:14pm

I wish I could be as cheerful as others are but I struggle already with the vst/au object.
I loaded AuPitch and tried to control the pitch shift but I had no success. Even when I changed the numerical values regarding the plug in e.g. 1 0.25 The pitch does not shift at all.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:15pm

From my test I can confirm that the pitch parameter of AUPitch doesn’t work as expected.
Apparently the input range 0..1 is not mapped to the actual pitch range of AUPitch (-2,400..2,400).

I wonder if it’s a simple bug or design issue.

Any comment from the developers?

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:19am

It seems that the 3D models doesn’t open totaly corectly, all the times, with jit.GL.model depending of the source model.

with some model some part goes in bad position.

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:12pm

Any chance we could get a preference for switching the key command for copy to copy compressed?

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:11am

It’s awesome ….
Jitter performance and Gen objects are great .
like the circular menu and sidebar.
easy to write&compile any codes .

I wish to have Zoom and Snap in the toolbar like the old Max 5,
and also double click to make new object .
I saw a triangle on every patch cords when hover on ,good to have an option to disable it in preferences.

thanks .

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:44am

I was looking for the bug reporting form, but I presume it’s gone.

I got a crash turning the mixer thing on and off, not quite sure how that works (turns the audio on/off?)

Nov 4, 2011 at 2:51pm

Another problem, I have a MIDI coming from Cubase for a synth patch.

In Max 5 there is hardly any latency, in Max 6 there’s plenty, and changing vector sizes doesn’t fix it.

Any ideas?

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:30pm

I guess this topic is dead?

I’m a little bit on the fence with Max 6, the applications I’ve developed run at about twice the amount of CPU compared to Max 5, so I certainly wouldn’t be able to distribute them if they were built with 6.

Is there much difference in terms of CPU usage from the Max 6 beta to the released version?

I’m also on the fence wit gen~, for some reason I thought I’d be able to take most of my patches and just quicken them up with gen~, but it doesn’t seem to work like that. What are the obvious applications of gen~? The delay network posted recently was good, but I wonder how often I’d actually use it.

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:40pm

Take a look at some of the examples in /examples/gen

Personally I’ve been enjoying the new possibilites of weird filtering in comb delay loops (such as the Karplus Strong + Hilbert transform example), and the sample-accurate buffer based processing (such as the waveset stuff).

Adapted from the Gen Overview doc:

General
- You want to create processes that can’t be easily achieved with ordinary Max/MSP/Jitter objects
- You want to program visually at a low level (or using a concise text-based expression language (codebox)) while getting the performance of compiled C code
- You want to design these new algorithms and see or hear them immediately
- You want to avoid having to compile separate windows and macintosh versions of algorithms (and in the future, 64-bit application binaries)

Examples
- arbitrary new oscillator and filter designs using single-sample feedback loops with gen~
- reverbs and physical models using networks of short feedback delays with gen~
- sample-accurate buffer~ processing such as waveset distortions with gen~
- frequency-domain processing such as spectral delays using gen~ inside pfft~

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.