Max 6 Doesn't Save My Patches to the Correct Location

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:15pm

Max 6 Doesn't Save My Patches to the Correct Location

It also won’t let me set the default project save folders to the folder i want – which is a folder within My Documents. I’m wondering if the two are related. It seems everything sames in an msp tutorial patch folder, which is the first place I accidentally saved something. When I move patches out of that folder, it just moves an “alias” unless I trick it by sending it to the trash then moving it back to a different folder from there.

The problem that is most frustrating, which I also assume is related, is that I can’t access saved patches as new objects, and even copying and pasting them from another file they come up as a grey box instead of white, can’t be accessed, and don’t do anything. I created a new patches folder and set it to that in Max, but it doesn’t seem to be recognizing that folder. I’m on OS X 10.8.2, a retina MacBook pro. I’m very new to Max. Thanks for your help!

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:30am

From your description it’s difficult to guess what is going wrong. One thing though, just in case: Max doesn’t support filenames and folder names that have a slash (‘/’) in the name.

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:49am

same problem here… it saves to the previously targetted folder…

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:46pm

I’m having the same problem – patches I tell to save under a subfolder in Documents instead go to Applications/Max 6.1.

Did anyone ever solve this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.